Senior Python Developer
Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) is a business solution center for Societe Generale, one of the largest European financial groups. We provide high-quality professional services for more than 35 countries in various fields of activity – Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Know Your Customer, Compliance and Business Advisory. Our mission is to be a partner of choice, valued for owning, transforming and innovating through best in class talent.Requirements
Within the Société Générale Group you will be part of the Global Technology Services (GTS) department, the IT entity in charge of infrastructure and at the center of the operational transformation model. The team to which you will be allocated manages transversally various tools and processes defined with the scope to simplify the exiting systems and adapt them to continuous market trends.
As a member of this team, you will oversee the department development team and all projects they undertake and you will be dirrectly involved in the development and maintainance of internal applications. As Technical lead, you will continously try to find ways to improve the applications code/performance. You will be actively involved in developing Société Générale’s private cloud platform.
Specifically, you will be required to:
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes
- Monitor production infrastructure
- Monitor data integration flows
- Implement new features and ensure delivery in production
- Continuously improve the existing codebase
- Be part of an Agile SAFe team development activities cover 75% and maintenance will cover 25% of the time assigned on the project
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
- Python 3 Flask or Django; TDD/BDD approach; PostgreSQL
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staff and clients
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English; French would be a plus
- Understanding of Agile methodology
- Attention to details
- Team Player
We also value:
- Communication to liaise with various stakeholders;
- Adaptability (different topics to deal with, different stakeholders, different IT applications);
- Autonomy, ability to manage independently a whole project from one end to another;
- Analytical Skills and attention to details;
- Team spirit;
SG GSC is a Great Place to Work® certified company. Here, you will find a flexible workplace and culture, autonomy, constant learning opportunities, dynamism, and talented people, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
If you feel like ambitiously pursuing your goals, then you have come to the right place.
Plus, you will enjoy all our benefits
- competitive compensation & remuneration, including annual performance bonus;
- preventive healthcare plan, and group health & life insurance;
- wide range of flexible benefits within a monthly budget;
- office perks, wellbeing and mental health programs;
- various social benefits and bonuses for personal or family events;
- 9-to-5 workday & work-from-home options with enablement bonus at onboarding;
- additional paid and unpaid time off, including Sabbatical leave;
- learning and growth opportunities based on individual development and career plans;
- unlimited access to various eLearning resources.
We are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.