Security DevOps Engineer - Naval Business
At Thales, we work together to build a future we can all trust by developing market leading technology that is sustainable and resilient.
For over 40 years, Thales has been a supplier to the Romanian armed forces, and in 2007, began to run its industrial operations in Romania. Today, Thales is a major player in the Romanian rail transport industry operating a mainline rail signaling Competence Centre with more than 250 software engineers employed. We are now growing our presence in Romania through the development of a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC), reinforcing our position as a leader in all markets. Through the ECC, we now deliver solutions beyond ground transportation, in a number of core Thales business areas, from space and defense, to security and aeronautics. In 2020, the ECC employs over 600 engineers and by 2021 our team will be over 800 specialists.
Security DevOps Engineer
The Naval Engineering/Competence Center Romania (Bucharest) is looking for talented Security DevOps Engineer with passion for technology and the ambition to make a career in a high-tech environment.
About the job
• You will be part of a multidisciplinary Agile team located in our premises in Bucharest;
• These teams develop and test the infrastructure platform for the combat management systems, the radar systems and the optical sensor systems;
• The development teams are responsible for the entire development cycle – requirements analysis, development, testing, validation and demonstrating the current status of the product;
• Cybersecurity is an integral part of the whole process;
• Thales highly values the application of modern technologies and methodologies;
About the project
Within the Engineering cluster, the Naval business unit is collaborating within the Thales group on the development of combat and information management systems for navy ships. These complex systems contain advanced solutions for information processing, information management and the user interaction with both sensor- and weapon systems. Our product, called TACTICOS, offers essential support for missions varying from anti-piracy to ballistic missile defense.
This includes assessing and monitoring the tactical situation, planning and coordinating actions, as well as controlling integrated sensors and weapons.
TACTICOS features capabilities for data collection and tactical picture compilation to present information in a Tactical Display Area (TDA). The TDA displays real-time situation awareness, which enables an operator to respond stringently when actions are needed.
The TACTICOS capabilities are unrivaled and based on recognized l expertise as applied for various European, Asian and American customers.
Do you have a passion for technology, do you enjoy constantly developing your skills and are you interested in working on Naval Command & Control systems? Then you are the person we are looking for.
• You are a talented DevOps Engineer, with minimum 4 years of experience who enjoys designing, developing and testing complex infrastructure and software solutions;
• With every design decision you take, security is the first thing you consider. Relevant technologies that you will use in your activities include: Linux, Python, Java, TCP/IP networking;
• Knowledge of the Linux operating system (in particular RHEL6-8), hardening of the Operating System including SELinux know-how) and knowledge of configuration management tooling (e.g. Ansible) is required;
• You hold a bachelor or master degree in computer science, system or network engineering, IT service management or comparable;
YOUR CAREER AT THALES
Joining Thales, you will integrate into a tight-knit team working in an international and friendly environment. Thanks to various teams working on multiple fields and domains, all located in Bucharest, you will be able to evolve and grow your competences in different areas.
YOUR IMMEDIATE BENEFITS
• 24 holiday days a year
• Benefit Online
• A good work-life balance which includes flexible working hours
• A comprehensive compensation and benefit package including medical coverage & life insurance
• Hybrid Workplace
• O'Reilly & Udemy Subscription
YOUR WORKING LOCATION IN ROMANIA (hybrid work)
Hosted in the new state-of-the-art Orhideea Towers, our Bucharest site is home to over 400 employees working across the various Thales businesses. A modern facility with views of the city, we are across the street from Grozavesti subway station and tram stop.