Automation Software Test Engineer - Naval Business
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Thales active
View all jobs Automation Software Test Engineer - Naval Business active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
At Thales, we work together to build a future we can all trust by developing market leading technology that is sustainable and resilient.
For over 40 years, Thales has been a supplier to the Romanian armed forces, and in 2007, began to run its industrial operations in Romania. Today, Thales is a major player in the Romanian rail transport industry operating a mainline rail signaling Competence Centre with more than 250 software engineers employed. We are now growing our presence in Romania through the development of a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC), reinforcing our position as a leader in all markets. Through the ECC, we now deliver solutions beyond ground transportation, in a number of core Thales business areas, from space and defense, to security and aeronautics. In 2020, the ECC employs over 600 engineers and by 2021 our team will be over 800 specialists.
Automation Software Test Engineer
The Naval Engineering/Competence Center Romania (Bucharest) is looking for talented Software Test Engineers with passion for technology and the ambition to make a career in a high-tech environment.
About the job
As a Software Test Engineer you work in multidisciplinary and self-managing Agile teams. These teams develop and test in an iterative manner Combat Management systems, applications and subsystem interfaces. Agile / Scrum teams are fully responsible for a variety of aspects such as requirements analysis, architecture, software implementation, testing, validation and regular product demonstrations.
What will you do
• Work in multidisciplinary and self-managing Agile team;
• Design, develop and execute test automation and testing suites;
• Build scalable, reliable and secure software test automation projects based on a test framework (reuse of assets where available);
• Participate in peer code reviews and product feature reviews;
• Become a product expert to facilitate higher quality testing efforts;
• Work towards a consolidated Test Automation Engineer profile (i.e. BDD, ISTQB syllabus, OCA syllabus);
• You have a background in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent;
• Knowledge of Java development/OOP and tools (Eclipse, IntelliJ) - minimum 2 years;
• You are creative, open and flexible and you can operate as a team player;
• A proficient understanding of the English language in word and writing is necessary for proper job fulfillment;
• Knowledge of test automation tools and practices (i.e. BDD, Gherkin, Cucumber, Selenium etc.) is an advantage;
• Insights into testing standards and principles: e.g. ISTQB Foundations knowledge is an advantage;
• Knowledge and experience with the following tools and techniques is an advantage: Spring Framework, JUnit, Linux, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven / Gradle, GIT / SVN and Continuous Integration & Delivery.
YOUR CAREER AT THALES
Joining Thales, you will integrate into a tight-knit team working in an international and friendly environment. Thanks to various teams working on multiple fields and domains, all located in Bucharest, you will be able to evolve and grow your competences in different areas.
YOUR IMMEDIATE BENEFITS
• 24 holiday days a year
• Benefit Online
• A good work-life balance which includes flexible working hours
• A comprehensive compensation and benefit package including medical coverage & life insurance
• Hybrid Workplace
• O'Reilly & Udemy Subscription
YOUR WORKING LOCATION IN ROMANIA (hybrid work)
Hosted in the new state-of-the-art Orhideea Towers, our Bucharest site is home to over 400 employees working across the various Thales businesses. A modern facility with views of the city, we are across the street from Grozavesti subway station and tram stop.