Senior Voice Core Engineer - STP
_VOIS (Vodafone Intelligent Solutions) is a strategic arm of Vodafone Group Plc, creating value and enhancing quality and efficiency across 28 countries, and operating from 6 locations: Albania, Egypt, Hungary, India, Romania, and the UK.
Over 26,000 highly skilled individuals are dedicated to being Vodafone Group’s partner of choice for talent, technology, and transformation. We deliver the best services across IT, Care, Business Intelligence Services, HR, Finance, Supply Chain, HR Operations, and many more. Established in 2006, _VOIS has evolved into a global, multi-functional organisation, a Centre of Excellence for Intelligent Solutions focused on adding value and delivering business outcomes for Vodafone.
_VOIS is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We celebrate differences and we welcome and value diverse people and insights. We believe that being authentically human and inclusive powers our employees’ growth and enables them to create positive impact for themselves and society. We do not discriminate based upon age, colour, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, and national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- Comprehensive knowledge of signalling concepts and protocols including SS7, Sigtran, SCCP, INAP/CAMEL, MAP and Diameter
- Experience in designing, engineering, operating and troubleshooting signalling networks and nodes such as STP's, SCP's and Signalling Firewalls
- Profound knowledge of an STP product of at least one vendor (preferably Ericsson or NSN) paired with hands-on experience.
• Deep knowledge of telecommunication business in terms of Voice Core domain
• Knowledge of SW information system lifecycle including: planning, development, testing and acceptance, implementation, performance optimization and debugging.
• Knowledge of technologies and protocols defined by 3GPP for the CS and IMS domain
• Ability to work in a virtual team and for external clients for other OpCos.
• University Degree in Telecomunications / IT or similar domains
• Good technical knowledge of telecom and IT domain
• Knowledge of Interoperability and interfacing of the information systems
• Design the software and hardware architecture of the Voice Core domain in terms of design principles, functional blocks and interfaces.
• Define the hardware and software specifications for information system in Voice Core according to the external client specifications
• Coordinate complex cross-functional programs of the Voice Core information system with the objective to create client specific HW & SW design.
• Coaching and training activities with new colleagues covering technical domain of Voice Core for improving the knowledge in the team.
• WFH - Hybrid approach
• Medical and dental services
• Life insurance
• Dedicated employee phone subscription
• Special discounts for gyms and retailers
• Annual Company Bonus
• Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
• You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
• Getting in on the ground floor of an technology changing company
• Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you