Let's Talk About You!
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
A Snapshot of Your Day
The mission of our Project Manager Steam Generator / Boiler Systems is to be responsible for Boiler/HRSG and alignment of all interfaces of supplier with internal engineering team like process, mechanical, layout, electrical in a bid or execution project for power plants and corresponding decarbonized and hybrid solutions.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Take full responsibility for cost, quality and time schedule for a bid or execution project, including supplier and contract management activities.
- Be responsible for Boiler/HRSG and alignment of all interfaces of supplier with internal engineering team like process, mechanical, layout, electrical in a bid or execution project for power plants and corresponding decarbonized and hybrid solutions
- Proposal engineering: evaluate and comment on customer specification, customers questionnaire, deviations, compilation of proposal documents, cost calculations & info regarding transport / erection for mechanical scope, compilation of RfQ (Request for Quotation) documents for the suppliers, evaluation and comparison of incoming offers, negotiation with suppliers until contract placement readiness, as well as customer contracts (specifications & requirements)
- Manage in execution the respective systems like Heat Recovery Steam Generator, Waste Heat Recovery Unit, Auxiliary Steam Generator or Flue Gas Bypass System
- Prepare technical specifications and inquiry documentation, but also customer documentation.
- Coordinate and optimize interfaces (piping, electrical, I&C, layout).
- Supervise contractor time schedules and costs.
- Participate in the design review process, while also reporting engineering hours, deadlines, quality and costs for the mechanical scope of the design groups.
- Coordinate the contractors with project and side requirements and review their engineering manufacturing and quality documentation.
- Claim Management and negotiation.
- Supplier development and qualification.
- Trouble shooting.
- Be part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is high on the agenda (by making sustainable energy solutions more cost effective, developing new technologies for the future's smart industry and electrifying passenger and freight transport, we make reality of our vision of a sustainable world).
What You Bring
- College degree, preferably within the field of mechanical engineering or process engineering or equivalent combination of education.
- Specialist knowledge in Heat Recovery Steam Generator Systems with experience in EPC market or with Boiler/HRSG supplier.
- Several years of professional experience in plant engineering & supplier handling and execution of international projects.
- Strategic orientation with a detailed knowledge of products and plant components, services and markets of industrial power plant & Combined Heat and Power solution business.
- Ability to take responsibility for the complete Boiler/HRSG system to provide the best solutions regarding budget, quality and time
- Intercultural sensitivity, in order to work in a (virtual) international team.
- Capability to lead cross-functional and cross-product line initiatives, domestically and internationally.
- Self-motivation with high energy drive and business sense.
- Capability of multitasking, with excellent organizational skills while assuring a high-quality work process.
- Willingness for business travels with international contacts.
- Knowledge of materials, welding, mechanical processing and dimensioning of parts.
- Specialist knowledge of associated codes and standards for HRSG
- Excellent English skills.
About the Team
In our Business Unit Generation we offer a broad portfolio of cutting edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Check out our video to see what we do.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected.
With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same.
Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Rewards / Benefits:
- The opportunity to engage in an exciting environment on challenging projects.
- Strong professional support and working with colleagues around the world.
- Professional development opportunities within the company.
- To be part of a growing function with a dynamic, informal and inspiring working environment in a position that entails a large responsibility.