Indirect Tax Analyst
Dover Business Services (DBS) is an independent business to business service provider within Dover Corporation, a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues of $7.5 billion. DBS is accountable for delivering selected transactional services in Finance to the entire organization. With locations in Downers Grove - Illinois, Suzhou - China, Cebu - Philippines and Bucharest – Romania, DBS centres operate across the globe to maximize service to our Operating Companies.Cerinte
“Must have” for the role
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Management, or related field.
• 2+ years of experience in Taxation, Accounting, Financial Analysts
• Very good understanding of Accounting / Financial mechanics and principles
• Advanced English Skills
• Strong ownership, good logic, and analytics
• Motivated to continuously learning and development
“Nice to have” for the role
• Advantage: Experience in Vertex, Sabrix or other tax system
• Previous experience in maintaining tax documentation, troubleshooting, and resolving tax issues with customers/suppliers and composition of tax written advice
• Proficient computer skills including excellent Microsoft Excel experience (SharePoint a plus)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high- volume environment while remaining organized with strict attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines and produce accurate results
• High level of customer focus and ability to always maintain a positive attitude
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Self-directed, positive, and ethical role model able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to always maintain a professional demeanor with customer and coworkers
• Responsible for extracting VAT return data from different accounting systems used by our different operating companies (SAP, Oracle, Other Legacy systems).
• Perform and propose to local teams VAT recovery calculation if the case according to local legislations.
• Responsible for the VAT accuracy bookings by checking randomly the AP / AR postings and VAT rates corresponding to them.
• Monitor VAT differences and errors, identify the root cause and drive corrective actions.
• Ownership for closure of corrective actions through an efficient communication with other departments (AR, AP, Controlling, Tax).
• Perform compliance checks on VAT process and monitor the compliance.
• Prepare the required statements, financial data, reporting for declaration required by local finance teams.
• Conduct month end closing activities related to VAT (analysis, reporting and justifications of the accounts).
• Participate to external or internal audits related to the VAT process, offer any supporting documentation required.
• Support transitions and other projects for tax related activities.
• Maintain productivity and meet service level agreements in a complex environment, including working with and referencing data in taxation systems.
• Assist with other projects or duties as assigned, including continuous improvement efforts.
• Continuous learning and developing environment;
• Work in a multicultural and dynamic environment;
• Career growth opportunities;
• Competitive salary & benefits package;