Site Reliability Engineer - IT Workplace Service
We are Actuaries, Business Analysts, Finance Experts, Consulting Managers, HR People, Communication Professionals; Operation Engineers and Insurers; we are daughters and sons, mothers and fathers.
Our people are what matter most, rooted in our values, and we strive to continuously evolve, improve, and create a superior client experience while contributing successfully to the transformation of Allianz.
Caring actively for the environment, for people, and for our customers is what makes us a great place to work and together we are shaping a better and more caring tomorrow.
The department Workplace Service is responsible to develop, deliver and maintain a modern workplace for the Allianz Group, which includes virtual desktop solutions, mailing solutions, Office 365, desktop file service and mobile device management.
Within our department, we are passionate about providing workplace services which support our users to perform on the highest level. We count on our site reliability engineers (SREs) to empower our users with a rich feature set, high availability, and stellar performance level. Specifically, we are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop automation and reliability solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction.
Roles and responsibilities
- Monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health for all WPS services
- Improve reliability and quality of our suite of software solutions
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
- Develop monitoring and event based self-healing solutions for various service disruptions (e.g. automated load balancing and capacity management)
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large, distributed software applications
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Evaluate incidents after resolution and support sustainable problem measures by enhancing monitoring, test and change procedures with focus on automated solutions
- 24/7 Support (On-Call duty for escalations)
Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor´s / Master´s degree in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline
- 3 years+ experience in similar role and success in technical engineering
- Experience with one or more technologies such as Dynatrace, Splunk, Nexthink, MS Windows Server 2019, Citrix CVAD, VMWare ESX 7.x, MS Exchange, Office 365, Active Directory/Azure AD
- Experience with distributed storage technologies like PureStorage, NFS, HDFS, Ceph, S3 as well as dynamic resource management frameworks (Mesos, Kubernetes, Yarn)
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Experience with cloud-based product environments and hybrid infrastructure
- Fluent in English speech and writing
- Strong analytical skills and an investigative mindset
Come to the Allianz side! We have attractive compensation and incentives:
- Fixed salary compensation along with fixed benefits.
- Flexible benefits that can be individually customized, so that they best suit your needs.
Fixed Benefits - We place people at the core of what we do, this is why we are committed to your personal wellbeing and professional growth.
- Additional vacation days (work tenure, Allianz tenure, special events, Paid day for child medical check-up)
- Rewards and Recognition Program (Team Excellence Award, Anniversary Awards, Above & Beyond Awards, Thank you for your contribution!)
- Complete training curricula available (tailored courses)
- International Certifications (Agile, Lean Six Sigma, Prince, ITIL, IFOA, ACCA, IACCM etc.)
- Comprehensive Leadership Programs
- All you can learn with LinkedIn Learning!
- German Language Courses for any level
- All you can read with Bookster!
- Employee Referral Program
- Exclusive Deals & Discounts
- Share Purchase Plan
- Allowances for special events (Birth Allowance, Losing a Family Member)
- Parking lot (limited parking spaces, reservation system)
- Open cafeteria on each floor (coffee, tea, water, fruits)
- Relaxation areas (on each floor) & Gaming area
- Flexible working program
FlexiBenefits - We care about the performance of our employees and we know it can only be reached by ensuring your proper work-life balance.
- Medical services
- Private pension
- Internal Tourism
- Smart Experiences
- Meal Tickets
- Transportation vouchers
- Cultural events
- Gifts and giveaways
The personal information that you may provide to us (including sensitive information) may be provided to Hiring Managers for the purposes of assessing your suitability as a candidate.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated with confidentiality.