Virtualization Backup Engineer
Veeam is the global leader in Cloud Data Management – a trusted provider of back-up solutions that protect cloud data and keep the world moving. Our best-in-class product, a net promoter score of 3.5x the industry average, and our big-name client base provide the perfect foundation for smart, driven but humble people to win and grow their careers. We’ve retained the agility of a start-up where everyone is heard and supported, but our evolution into a billion-dollar company continues to bring new opportunities to be Veeamazing – all in an open, inclusive and diverse culture where our success means people can keep it real.Requirements
What we expect from you:
- Fluent English (reading/writing/speaking)
- Advanced user or administrative level with the following areas: Windows OS 2008(r2)/2012(r2)/2016;
- Practical knowledge of TCP/IP (OS, firewalls configuration) and networking configuration/troubleshooting (NAT, ports, DHCP, DNS);
- As a plus, UNIX and/or Linux knowledge, VMware ESX(i), Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft Exchange server administration, DataBase engines (SQL/Oracle);
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and explain technical information;
- Ability and desire to take ownership of client issues through resolution;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Benefit from excellent rewards & competitive compensation;
- Welcome bonus in the amount of 2 monthly gross salaries;
- Premium private health insurance modules for you and your children;
- Personal time off plan to reward your loyalty, and additional 24 working hours for volunteering activities;
- Meal vouchers;
- Create your own benefits package including access to more than 5000 choices;
- Grow your career with ongoing training programs, online learning platforms, Bookster, and many other programs helping you to develop your knowledge and skills set;
- Feel Veeamazing with our wellness program, company-sponsored activities & organized team sports;
- International environment with culturally diverse atmosphere and exposure to large projects.
In addition, when we'll be back at the office, please include this one too:
- Enjoy modern facilities & free refreshments like snacks, fruit, and delicious coffee.
The Veeam Backup and Replication (VBR) is a reliable solution that lets us verify the recoverability of backups, recover instantly, and test upgrades in an isolated environment before putting them in production. The VBR technical support engineer is a trusted role providing technical assistance to fellow IT Professionals, using broad and in-depth troubleshooting skills and product knowledge to solve challenging technical issues.
Your tasks will include:
- Performing troubleshooting and analysis, including log file investigation;
- Acting as a technical focal point in relationships to fellow IT Professionals;
- Taking ownership of the customer problem or issue from the beginning of a support case through resolution, troubleshooting on our end (in Veeam) as well as in 3rd party components from Microsoft and Vmware, checking if the issue is known or unknown if it's a defect if it's caused by misconfiguration, correcting it as break/fix scenario and educating the customer by explaining for the process and interaction works;
- Documenting of all customer interactions accurately and within SLA in our CRM tool.