Technology Business Analyst
- Understanding and defining the Business requirements to support the design and development of the backend/frontend engine for Index calculation and delivery.
- Work with client facing BAs to understand the scope and business benefits of the delivery to ensure the delivery maintains focus and integrity.
- Prepare Epics and Stories for review, estimation, and delivery by the technical team. This process will be in conjunction with Product Owners and SME BAs.
- Provide walkthroughs and workshops of detailed requirements/acceptance criteria with the business in order to achieve sign off.
- Ensure that the status of JIRA Epics and Stories is kept accurate and up to date in terms of workflow and status.
- Help to prepare, and then conduct, end of sprint reviews with business stakeholders; ensure, with support from Product Owners and SME BAs, that any new requirements are documented and prioritised.
- Perform data analysis on the data components of new index initiatives and existing index products.
- Create sample calculations and other supporting documents/examples for requirement elicitation and guidance for the development team
- Produce written documentation to support work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders when necessary
- Resolve escalations and queries, relating to data or functionality, from the technology team.
- Support the test teams with TDD and BDD testing documentation, and help in defining additional regression and use cases where the knowledge/existing test packs are lacking.
Technical/ job functional knowledge
- Experience in software development methodologies
- Experience in working on data management and data focussed projects
- Experience with TDD and BDD testing patterns or open to learn
- Good SQL and data analysis query skills
- 3-5 Years Business Analysis experience within an IT division or company
- Experience in financial services with an understanding of financial and related market data a strong preference
Personal skills & capabilities
- High level of written and spoken English
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Strong team player, problem solver, a self-sufficient individual with an ability to be constructively address issues - delivery focussed
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year;
1 additional day off for your Birthday;
Annual wellness allowance;
Share Purchase Plan;
Medical Health Insurance;
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services);
Pillar 3 Private Pension;
Volunteering Events Team Buildings.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.