Simply pursuing a successful business is no longer enough nowadays. Positive contributions to the planet and society are becoming more and more important. Would not it be nice to have an inspiring job in an innovative industry and also contribute to a better world?
This is possible at ORTEC. We are a purpose driven organization and use our passion for mathematics for a better world. You are likely to encounter us every day, as we improve many crucial business processes. For example, we make it possible for supermarkets to supply all their stores on time with a minimum of kilometers driven. We support scouts of football talents to make better choices. We help healthcare institutions to schedule the right nurse at the right time. These are just a few examples of the added value of our solutions. The result is that organizations can operate at lower costs, with higher customer and employee satisfaction and with a smaller ecological footprint.
Our journey started in the early 80’s with a few young Dutch students who wanted to show the world the value of mathematics. 37 years later, ORTEC is one of the world leaders in optimization solutions and advanced analytics. We have proudly opened the ORTEC CEE office in Bucharest 11 years ago with primary focus to increase business in the CEE regions. We have increased our business and our team to 180 employees since then and still growing.
Due to our strong team build in Bucharest, we are now a Global Operations center which is working for project implementation’s worldwide, being the core of the Customer Support and second largest developer’s team in ORTEC.
Our consultants in Bucharest are part of ORTEC Global Operations center which is an expertise unit helping ORTEC offices around the world. You will be part of project teams implementing our solutions to customers in various countries such as US, Brazil, South Africa, Netherlands, UK, Nordics, and others.
As a software implementation consultant, you are involved within the full implementation cycle, translating the customer process to our ORTEC Routing Products. Understanding the customer needs is essential, since you will be the one configuring the application together with the rest of the team. Guiding and training the users during the implementation is also part of your job. This makes the role as consultant very dynamic since you are both working with a high-end optimization solution, and you communicate directly with the end users.
Taking ownership is key in this role as together with the main players you are responsible for the complete implementation cycle. And as a team, you make sure that we deliver what we promised.
Who you are
- Highly motivated person, career oriented and positive attitude;
- Quality oriented and customer focus;
- Knowledge or an interest to learn and use techniques such as XSL, SQL, Python, PowerShell, Spotfire, PowerBI;
- Great analytical skills and result oriented;
- Interested in operating in an international environment;
- A real team player;
- Fast learner, able to self-train, flexible and open minded;
- Good communication skills;
- Enthusiastic about ad-hoc travels to different customer sites or ORTEC offices around the world.
- University degree in relevant field (preferably IT)
- Relevant work experience from 2-5 years;
- For trainee level, no work experience needed, but related studies and high potential abilities;
- Medium-advanced English level both written and oral;
- IT trainings and/or certificates are a plus;
- Previous experience with clients is an advantage.
- A unique work experience in an open, creative and informal atmosphere;
- Inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues;
- Work – life balance approach;
- Great opportunities to develop yourself and fulfill your ambitions (clear career paths, yearly evaluations and increases, job rotation options)
- Flexible schedule within the limits of the department’s availability;
- Friendly work environment with a great location, new and easy to access office building;
- Relaxation areas, daily fruits delivery, foosball table, our own bar (ORTap)
- On-site chair massage;
- Events: Annual teambuilding, Christmas party, monthly ORTEC Sports Day;
- Sports benefits offered in collaboration with the ‘7card’ network;
- ‘Bookster’ subscription;
- Annual bonus based on team’s accomplishments – up to 1 full salary.
What to expect
We will help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging, practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate in a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 800 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland, Denmark and Singapore.