Technical Architect for Data Solutions- Capital Markets
About the project (FXI CMDF) team
CMDF is being built from scratch, and most of the fast-growing team have joined LSEG fairly recently. Working in the team provides an opportunity to work in a near greenfield project with cloud-based technology, and to learn in detail how a foreign exchange market operates.
Capital Markets Data Factory (CMDF) is a cloud-based data warehouse used for Billing, Regulatory Reporting and Customer Analytics.
The FX team uses the CMDF to manage data from the new Foreign Exchange trading venues being built as part of FXI, the project within LSEG to re-platform all the Refinitiv FX trading venues.
The FX CMDF team covers a Technical Architect, Business Analysts, a DWH team, a BI team and an Application Development Team.
We are looking for a senior professional with a great understanding of cloud and data warehouse technologies for our Technical Architect role.
Our new brilliant colleague will be working closely with the business, developers, and BAs to define solutions for the following key capabilities for FX markets:
- Data landing from trading systems.
- Billing calculation and management.
- Regulation requirements
- Customer and internal reporting and analytics.
For our FX CMDF project in Bucharest, we already have strong DWH development and QA teams. The Technical Architect will work together with them and our Project Manager to build our future.Responsibilities
- Work with Product Management, Business Analysts and Development to identify and design technical solutions.
- Ensure that solutions cover:
- Cost Optimisation
- Produce Architectural and Design documentation.
- Take solutions through Architectural Governance where necessary.
- Handover to development and guide the team towards successful project delivery.
- Be the expert on Cloud based technology within the wider team. Coach and mentor developers in that area.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment where needs evolve rapidly and priorities change.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- A team player.
- Highly organised, self-disciplined and thorough.
- Interested in the evolution of and Foreign Exchange trading landscapes.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience working with global teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with shifting priorities.
- Must grasp concepts quickly. Aptitude and interest in technical concepts essential.
- A wide degree of creativity, latitude and patience is expected.
- Solid database or software development background.
- Some experience designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS platforms.
- Knowledge of web services and API.
- Understanding of and experience with the five pillars of a well-architected frameworks.
- Proven ability to collaborative with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts
- Experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, ETL/ELT, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics
- Intermediate level use of Business Intelligence tools for data analysis and report generation (e.g. Business Objects, Data Visualisation).
- Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, Bitbucket.
- Understanding of cloud-based database technology such as Snowflake or Matillion will be big plus
- AWS certifications or Snowflake certifications would be a plus.
- An understanding of Financial Trading systems is desirable.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We improve each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days' holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
- Share Purchase Plan
- Volunteering Days
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.