Team Leader Accounts Payable - Invoice Processing
British American Tobacco is a leading tobacco group, with brands sold in more than 200 markets. We employ more than 57,000 people and, with over 200 brands in our portfolio, we make the cigarette chosen by one in eight of the world’s one billion adult smokers. We hold robust market positions in each of our four regions – Americas; Asia-Pacific; Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa; and Western Europe – and we are leaders in more than 60 markets.Requirements
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is responsible for managing and leading a team of employees, communicating company goals and deadlines to the team and ensuring a positive experience for the End Markets. The team leader will motivate team members, will assess performance and provide expertise and help to management team. The objective of this role is to enable the team to meet the business objectives by providing quality and accuracy in daily activities.
Reports to: Accounts Payable Assistant Manager
Reporting level: Management
Geographic Scope: Regional
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Finance and accounting & people management experience
• Be able to deliver on agreed Key Performance Indicators and implement corrective actions plans;
• Understand the platforms and analyse reports, identify issues and challenges within reports functionalities and data;
• Clear and effective at all level of communication;
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
• Highly organized and self-motivated;
• An innovative approach to problem solving;
• Maintain a positive attitude;
• Be able to assess risks and be aware of these, if not able to complete target on time;
• Proficiency in English.
• Degree in Accounting or Finance;
• Previous experience in a similar role is an advantage
• Experience of working with high volumes of data;
• Finance and accounting experience are preferred.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
• Supervision of Requisition to Pay staff and processes, ensuring procedures are adhered to;
• Conduct performance evaluation and review against performance objectives set, to manage team’s performance;
• Involve in the recruitment of new employees, taking care of the new starters, introducing them to the team and their tasks/role, responsible for the onboarding process;
• Escalation of urgent issues to the Accounts Payable Manager;
• Make sure that process manuals are up-to-date and complete;
• Ensuring internal communication within the team, holding team meetings, keeping team up to date with changes that affect them, ensure the training/coaching process when required, getting feed-back and following up actions as required;
• Work with the team to propose and implement process improvements that will improve the overall efficiency of the Accounts Payable Process and/or improve the control environment.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
• Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
• Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
• Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
• Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
• Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies