Test Automation Engineer
We are a leading developer and manufacturer of mechanical and electronic locking systems as well as car access and authorization systems for the global automotive industry. Founded in 1908 in Velbert, Germany, we are an independent, family-owned company with around 7,300 employees at locations in Europe, America and Asia and achieved sales of around EUR 1 billion in the financial year 2021.
Overview:The role’s main objectives are to create the means to help the Testing Department take the next steps in test automation.
- Investigate testing tools needs inside the department
- Define specific requirements together with the tool requester
- Develop/update specific tools/features (with focus on Vector CANoe and CAPL)
- Help configure, design, and automate tests using top-tier level equipment
- Actively take part in defining and designing the next chapter in test automation
- Present user interfaces visually so that information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find
- Document the work according to the defined methodology
- Coach/mentor less experienced colleagues
- Offer technical expertise on specific projects
- Offer on-site support for our production designed test tools
- Keep up to date with the required new technologies
- University degree (Electronics, Computer Science, Informatics)
- Basic knowledge of communication protocols (CAN, LIN, CAN FD, UDS, NFC would be a plus)
- Coding background of any kind is appreciated (C/Python/.NET/CAPL); Proficiency in Vector tools is a plus
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that involves both developers and testers
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, and trends in visual design field
- Team player with an open mind attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and native language)
- Self-efficient and highly independent in organizing and managing personal tasks.
- Induction and training programs that provide you with all the knowledge to excel at the workplace
- Young, professional, and dynamic team
- Competitive salary and flexible benefits (sports, wellness, transport, holiday bonus etc.)
- Health and well-being (medical care, meal tickets etc.)
- Constant professional development
- Increased work-life balance (flexible working hours and remote work, extra vacation days)
- Special fidelity package
- Modern and central working facilities (contemporary offices, relaxing and entertainment areas).