Continuous Improvement Manager
This role is based in the Michelin Shared Services Center in Bucharest, Michelin Corporate & Business Services, where more than 700 colleagues deliver excellence in Purchasing, Finance, Logistics, Sales Administration and Personnel.
The Continuous Improvement Manager role is a key role in Operational Excellence team in Michelin CBS Bucharest and will be focused on supporting the Management and operational teams with projects, process- and technology improvements.
The ideal candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced, international, technical environment. The ability to communicate clearly at all levels, form strong relationships with stakeholders and proactively identify and manage risks is also essential in this role.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in running and managing projects and creating project progress reports;
- Strong business process management/improvement experience and knowledge (LeanSixSigma or similar);
- Strength in motivation, communication and assertiveness, change management;
- High analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with very good time and self-management;
- Knowledge of Microsoft tools (MS Office, MS Power Package) is a plus;
- Fluent in English (French is highly appreciated).
The Continuous Improvement Manager will:
- Actively participate in defining Operational Excellence Programs and drive Operational Excellence projects;
- Develop an overall understanding of each initiative in his/ her portfolio in order to understand the potential customer impact and service requirements generated by each initiative in his/ her portfolio;
- Manage and work on implementation of projects and process improvement initiatives (process improvement, efficiency and effectiveness driven projects, automation implementations);
- Provide support in the development of the Continuous Improvement strategy by promoting continuous improvement thinking, concepts, behaviors and tools;
- Steer plans and priorities for projects to improve existing processes;
- Develop and sustain a community of practice in support of continuous improvement efforts;
- Establish partnerships across organization to promote the adoption of continuous improvement practices;
- Coach and train employees in LEAN and other CI methods to improve business processes and management system;
- Develop and maintain reports and indicators to evaluate performance, demonstrate achieved efficiencies and impact of process and program changes on operational and strategic objectives;
- Share best practice/know-how transfer with relevant stakeholders;
- Lead other projects/activities (e.g. organizational, innovation, IT related topics, transition) as per the roadmap;
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure CBS obtains the insights it needs at the quality and granularity it requires for better planning and execution;
- Ensure vision, plans and priorities are communicated to colleagues in day to day activity;
- Drive and ensure close working relationship with Functional teams, Functional Leads, Strategy and Performance Management teams, as well as other stakeholders as required.
In Michelin, we offer:
- Flexible work schedule and home-office options (hybrid);
- A customizable benefits package with options to choose: gym access, medical or dental services, private retirement pension, deduction of public transport costs, cultural activities vouchers etc.
- Private medical subscription; Life insurance; Luncheon vouchers and discounts; Deduction of vacation costs.
How we recruit:
Once you submit your application, one of our recruiters reviews it. If your profile fits our role:
- We have a phone call to get to know each other;
- We hold assessments to see your language skills and competencies;
- We meet in a face to face (or online, depending the context) interview, with a recruiter and the hiring manager.
Pass all stages with flying colors, and we’ll send you our offer.
LET’S INSPIRE MOTION FOR LIFE
Where do success and ideas come from? We strongly believe they come from collective intelligence.
Our talents, people and employees are the source of purposeful and sustainable innovations. That’s why we care about developing and enhancing their strength, and we ensure them a tailored professional journey across units and countries.
What drives us is the spirit of unlimited innovation, which we all possess. Our goal is to cultivate and nurture that spirit, by questioning the status quo, improving our way to do things. Therefore, we are always optimistic as to overcome the challenges of tomorrow.
That’s our mission as an employer: inspiring innovation in all of us, to build a better life in motion for you and for everyone.
Michelin, a leader in the field of tires, is dedicated to sustainably enriching of the mobility of goods and people through the production, distribution and marketing of tires for each type of vehicle. It also offers innovative business support services, digital mobility services and publishes travel, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and atlases. Michelin has over 4500 employees in Romania: 3 factories (2 in Zalău and 1 in Florești - Prahova), as well as a commercial network, and a center for shared services, in Bucharest. The office in Bucharest also hosts the coordination center for the Central Europe region.