Key Functions and Responsibilities
As an Engineering Lead in Benchmarking and Indices Division in Data & Analytics, the individual will be responsible for developing and supporting delivery of varied initiatives that address key Equities Index Operational Risk concerns. The candidate will be required to provide technical expertise, ownership, and responsibilities in end-to-end IT project delivery.
- Leads and manages a team of developers to develop innovative solutions to customer technology needs
- Stakeholder and delivery management
- Oversees the development and implementation of high-quality technology products
- Manages the performance and development of a team of developers
- Manages to budget targets, e.g., quality and schedule
- Implements new / improved software development processes and best practices, as required by group or departmental Heads
- Ensures the developer community has the technical skills required to deliver against long-term plans.
- This is a hands-on technical lead role who can help steer the development team and be responsible for the delivery of sprint and program level objectives
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronics / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of Java (1.8) or above
- Experience of micro services development through Spring Boot
- Good experience in - AWS, AWS Lambda, Glue
- UI development in Angular is advantageous
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Significant experience in software development methodologies and Agile based delivery
- Financial and Index markets experience
- Experience in CICD tools & automation
Type of Person:
- Articulate, energetic person able to work alone or as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail but an ability to think laterally to solve business problems
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Creative, results driven, self-motivated, and solutions oriented
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude, exhibits self-confidence
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of managing or influencing key decision makers
- Able to establish credibility quickly
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.