Junior Consultant Governance, Risk and Reporting Team
KPMG in Romania is one of the world’s leading providers of Audit, Tax and Advisory services. At KPMG we run our firm just as effectively as we support and strengthen our clients’ businesses. That means hiring talented people to help develop and manage our brand, publish our thought leadership, control our finances, run our IT infrastructure, and support our professionals in the field. KPMG in Romania offers great opportunities to build a successful career. When you choose KPMG as the place to build your career, you choose to inspire confidence and empower the change around you. KPMG ’s vision is to recruit extraordinary people and build extraordinary professionals.
We are currently seeking a Junior Consultant to join our Governance, Risk and Reporting Team in Bucharest.
You will be required to understand client challenges and propose value-added solutions, to turn your work intro client-friendly deliverables and to build and maintain strong working and business relationships.
As a member of our team, you will be involved in a diversified range of advisory projects, including but not limited to gap analysis vs. new standards, regulations and guidelines issued by local and European authorities, development of implementation roadmaps, as assistance during implementation e.g. development of internal models, policies and procedures, definition of functional specification for IT system development, etc.
What will you do?
- Collecting and analyzing data, reports and documentation through internal/ external research, system queries, client interviews, etc;
- Help enhance the development and implementation of new policies, procedures or processes as new regulations emerge and laws change;
- Constant learning about regulatory topics and trends and apply such insights in the solutions delivery;
- Assist with the design, preparation, and analysis of findings and reports, leveraging strong written communication skills;
- Communicate and present information to clients and colleagues in a clear, logical, and concise manner;
- Supporting development of new offerings we can take to clients;
- Develop and sustain strong relationships with client personnel and KPMG colleagues;
- Support internal initiatives and strategic growth initiatives.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited college/university with a preference for Finance, Risk Management, Economics, or other qualified business-related degree;
- Have an interest in topics relevant for financial markets e.g. banking/ insurance, financial instruments and markets, fintech, econometrics, risk measurement and reporting, process optimizations and automations;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in Romanian and English;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Judgment & decision-making skills;
- Ability to understand client challenges and propose value-added solutions;
- Team player and taking ownership of your actions.
What’s in it for you? What do we offer?
- A fast paced environment and an extraordinary team with great mentoring opportunities.
- The possibility to fulfill your potential through various training courses and gain additional professional qualifications.
- Constant learning and development opportunities are a given in our fast paced challenging projects.
- You will broaden your understanding and experience about products and processes specific to banks, financial companies, insurance companies and not only.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Flexible workplace and work environment.
Confidentiality will be ensured to protect the interests of applicants.
Only preselected candidates will be invited to an interview.