Lead DevOps Engineer
About the role
The role encompasses experimenting and identify solutions and improvements to existing DevOps infrastructure. The candidate would oversee and lead the activities of junior DevOps and will be responsible for automation and configuration management of the services and providing stable environments for delivery of quality. The role requires the candidate to have hands-on technical experience and a positive approach for solution design, deployment and management; collaboration and support.
- Take lead on closely with architects and other team members to develop and build complex cloud services and capabilities that meet the needs of Refinitiv/LSEG product development groups
- Drive interactions with our community of technologists to describe & own the work produced by team
- Ongoing support and development of cloud services including working with Refinitiv/LSEG product development groups to build cloud aware applications
- Develop automated processes to prevent, identify, and fix problems that impact service availability
- Develop, document, and operate toolkits for the provisioning and managing of cloud infrastructure
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and how new technologies can be leveraged to meet business objectives
- Identify and deliver improvements across a broad range of areas such as cost savings, security, ease of use, & reliability. Take ownership of these and drive to completion
Experience and Skills Required:
- Substantial related technology experience
- Experienced in leading cross functional teams
- Proven track record of delivering goals
- Experienced in writing clean code
- Experienced with Infrastructure-as-Code, Terraform
- Knowledge of these public cloud service providers: Amazon Web Services
- Experienced in automating software build, deployment, and server configuration management using tools such as Jenkins, Git, & Terraform
- Knowledge & Experience of modern agile development methodologies
- Exposure to DevOps practices and automation of software testing, delivery and infrastructure changes
- Strong passion for technology, a willingness to learn new skills and the ability to evangelize the uses of cloud services
- Self-motivated and self-directed, ability to translate technical direction into functional solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a globally distributed team, managing multiple priorities while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to investigate complex issues spanning multiple technologies and drive to completion
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
Experience and Skills Desired:
- Experienced in writing clean code in Object Orientated languages
- Experience with Python and Boto3
- Experience in developing IaaS development toolkits
- Experience in working as part of an existing Site Reliability Engineering team
- Experience with any public or private cloud technologies/services, particularly federation and STS services, IAM policies, Lambda and step functions, Bastion services, and others
- Experience with Windows and Linux system administration, databases (relational and NoSQL), and networking infrastructure and services
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.