Senior Software Developer
Working closely with research teams, product managers and architects you will develop, build, improve and test financial web applications. With other partners we innovate constantly improve our web offerings and to provide truly differentiating insight for our customers.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Engaging with product owners, architects and other specialists you'll design and build complex, world-class quantitative models to address our customer's needs.
- You will assist your workstream by reading requirements from user stories, refining, and estimating them as part of an agile process.
- Demonstrating a consistent focus on quality, you'll ensure that you deliver reliable software through the creation of automated unit tests.
- Through agile retrospectives and reviews, you'll adapt and find innovative ways to make your team work more effectively.
- Through participation in refinement and planning sessions, you'll work with other team members to analyze development requirements, provide complexity estimates, and agree how to deliver the requirements.
- Actively participating in meetings, you'll give timely status updates on areas for which you are responsible.
Essential skills required:
- Positive attitude to learning new skills and technologies
- Self-driven, goal-oriented team player with good communication skills
- Strong problem solving, algorithmic thinking and coding skills
- Practical knowledge and experience of Python and related technologies/libraries
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Experience in development of complex distributed systems
- Ability to work in highly agile team environment
Nice to have skills:
- Building and deploying AWS based (or other cloud provider) applications
- Linux/Unix Experience
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform
- Functional programming (e.g. Scala)
- Proficient with Git
- Proficient with CI/CD automation
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.