Technical Cleanliness Manager for UX (TM)
The position holder is responsible for Technical Cleanliness (TC) Management of the entire Business Unit including R&D, PUR, Operations and its interfaces. As such she/he represents the BU towards Automotive and targets to be Senior Expert for technical cleanliness. Tasks as Technical Cleanliness Manager in Business Unit User Experience (BU UX):
* Roll out and train the standards regarding TC within BU HMI, sensitize all employees regarding TC;
* Creation and further development of a training program for training interdisciplinary teams in the area of "technical cleanliness";
* Elaboration of internal standards and guidelines for the consideration of TC requirements in product development;
* Integration of the developed standards into the BU HMI process house;
* Comparison of the BU UX TC standards with the corporate TC standards;
* Participation in the "Clean-Tech.net" core team meeting of the Continental Automotive Organization;
* Report the TC status of the BU UX to the Global Technical Cleanliness Manager;
* Establishing a network for TC in BU UX;
* Structuring of responsibilities for TC within the various functional areas in BU UX;
* Holding training courses at local and international locations;
* As a specialist in TC, counsel and support development projects in the field of UX with a focus on technical cleanliness;
* As a specialist in TC, the production areas counsel or support the standardization of cleanliness concepts (production environment, clothing concepts, etc.) with regard to topics related to TC;
* Evaluation of concrete technical solutions and concepts with regard to the requirements of TC;
* Transfer of the "best practice" examples into corresponding construction guidelines;
* Elaboration of processes with the aim of quality improvement;
* Determination of the ability to carry out necessary measurements for TC at production sites, based on this to define the measurement concept with regard to TC;
* Strategic further development of TC measurement options at the BU UX relevant production locations or external laboratories / service providers in the region in coordination with the Global Technical Cleanliness Manager;
* Carrying out audits on production lines to evaluate the TC at BU UX relevant production locations;
* Definition and tracking of KPIs to determine the degree of integration of TC within the BU UX;
* Budget and personnel planning to implement TC requirements in BU UX.
Qualification Technical Cleanliness Manager:
* Completed degree in engineering (mechanical engineering / electrical engineering / physics / chemistry);
* >10 yrs experience;
* Experience in leadership responsibility (project work and technical expertise) and intercultural competence as well as good knowledge of project management;
* High willingness to travel, if necessary for several weeks, in the international area;
* Several years of experience in technical interdisciplinary product development for electromechanical devices;
* Experience in production processes, in quality management and in the entire logistics chain from the supplier to the customer, preferably in the automotive sector;
* Good English skills, both spoken and written - German would be a plus;
* Strategic orientation, leadership and control, coaching others, working together in a team;
* Good knowledge of MS Office programs and presentation techniques;
* Resilience against barriers.
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
* Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
* Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
* Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
* Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
* In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
* Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
* Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
* Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
* Access to e-learning platforms;
* Career development opportunities (local and international);
* Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of i37.7 billion and currently employs around 193,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary. The Vehicle Networking and Information business area, with its vision of "Always On," sees the vehicle of the future as a partner that supports its passengers with intelligent and secure solutions - seamlessly networked, user-friendly, convenient and smart. The business area develops and integrates components and end-to-end systems for connected mobility - architecture, hardware, software and services. With solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, user experience, high-performance computing, digital services and system integration for passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures stable and safe connectivity and smooth information flows for connected mobility.