Cloud Engineer (Azure)
- This is a great opportunity for hands-on Senior DevOps Engineers or Senior Infrastructure Cloud Engineers with proven experience in cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) to translate client business requirements into technical designs and implement cloud infrastructure solutions for distributed systems and applications for LSE Group.
- As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will spend time building shared capabilities in cloud, "Landing Zones" and spend time architecting solutions, defining technical tasks and estimates required to implement a design, translating client business requirements into a technical design with little oversight. In addition, you will provide consultancy services on design and implementation for cloud migration or cloud native solutions. Paramount for the role is that you can design and implement automation pipelines for deployment into Cloud.
- Essential skills:
- Proven Cloud service provider experience - infrastructure build and configurations of a variety of services including VPC, Networking services, Compute, Storage,
- Hands-on experience with design and implementation on cloud native solutions with emphasis on Network, Identity and Access Management, Programmable infrastructure, Event logging, Resource monitoring and Secrets Management
- Hands-on experience with design and implementation of production grade infrastructure as code solution using one or more tools: GitLab, Bitbucket, Terraform, Ansible, HashiCorp Vault/Consul, Jenkins
- Programming experience in a scripting language (Python, PowerShell, Go)
- Experience working on a SDLC environment for infrastructure as code, leveraging segregation of duties and tagging of the code to promote safely and driven by automated testing
- Knowledge of Data Serialisation Languages (JSON, YAML)
- Knowledge and Understanding of Networking Technologie
- Strong Sysadmin and development skills
- 5+ years experience with CI/CD tool, preferably Gitlab CI
- Heavy usage of IaC (Terraform)
- Yaml pipelines (GitLab or GitHub actions)
- Configure and manage foundational RBAC roles
- Design and implement Hub & Spoke Networking model in Azure
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum
- Desired skills:
- Cloud certifications (Cloud professional level preferred)
- Experience with Terraform Cloud / Terraform Enterprise
- Containers, Container OS and Container orchestration (e.g. Docker, COS, GKE)
- Modifying and writing pipelines in Gitlab CI Exposure with hybrid Cloud network Remediate security alerts of Azure Cloud Platform Implementation of Cloud Security including Security Centre & SEIM integration Knowledge of Enterprise Security Compliance Framework Experience in centralised logging & monitoring for Azure Cloud Exposure with SNOW integration (nice to have)
- Engineering Principles:
- Terraform (modules, service providers, functions, layers)
- 'secure by design' and 'least-privilege'
- Test-driven development (developer experience is nice to have, but not a must)
- .Net (nice to have)
- Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and refine tools, procedures and workflows that build consistency and stability for our internal operations and customer experience
- Discuss ideas at a high level and utilise your technical ability to follow through and implement them
- Review and research potential new products; be a champion for projects
- Be comfortable working in a fluid environment where requirements and priorities may change at short notice. Be prepared to be the cause of that change
- Continually think about the root causes of issues, and where necessary, stop and re-evaluate a project with the team to ensure it doesn't just address the symptoms of a problem
- Ensure that projects move ahead in a timely fashion
- Coordinate with different teams to ensure that work is achieved optimal. Document and communicate your work
- Appreciate high quality code and have pride in your own
- Produce documentation on development work that can be used for funding
- Effectively communicate with other departments to highlight the goals of new and existing projects and their ongoing progress.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.