Senior Full Stack Developer – Python
About the role
The Senior Full Stack Developer - Python will be responsible for the analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation, modification, and maintenance of properly engineered information systems, containing software as the major component, to meet agreed business needs. Provides technical leadership for engineers on project basis or for a small team of engineers.
- Provides technical oversight while writing new software, making modifications to existing software, or integrating software applications and modules in accordance with agreed upon specifications, often created with their leadership
- Defines and leads overall testing requirements and strategies ensuring software fully meets business, technical and operational requirements. Explores design options and leads the creation of design and accountable to ensure business and technical requirements are met
- Provide technical support to customer or operations teams. Accountable for the creation, review, and maintenance of all required technical documentation/ manual related to assigned software to ensure supportability and reuse
- Provides technical mentorship and coaching to junior members of the technical staff
- Assists in identification and implementation of short-term and long-term solution options, including risk assessments, and recommendations to business and technology leadership
- Proactive identification of change or assists with improvements to prevent problems, including problem resolution workflow. Leads or participates in remediation of solutions
- Accountable for immediate response to problems and sets expectations and timeframe for resolution with customers or groups managing customers
- Provides technical leadership and contribute planning sessions with team members to define and analyse development requirements, provide design option, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work
- Provides work breakdown and estimates for complex software development tasks. Develops milestones and dependencies for realistic estimates required for own work and may validate other team members' estimates
- Provides timely status updates for areas of team responsibilities within projects to management potentially including senior leaders, initiating escalation when necessary. Facilitates discussions, actively listens, identifies, and communicates issues
- Adept at all aspects of technical communications, including using presentations technologies (e.g. WebEx, PowerPoint) and software demonstrations. Designs and delivers demonstrations of software to business and technical stakeholders. Creates and delivers presentations with guidance as directed. Encourages two-way communication with staff, peers, and business partners
- May contribute to, or create, and execute communication plan. Ensures self and team develop software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies. Researches and identifies standards and best practices as appropriate for discipline
Scope of Impact:
- Leads or contribute to significant projects, programs and business initiatives, demonstrating creativity and ingenuity
- Determines work priorities based on general direction from managers
- Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts and Business Unit strategy
- Provides specialist advice to middle and senior management to resolve complex issues
Strategic Planning and Decision Making:
- Applies a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Anticipates customer needs; assesses requirements and identifies new solutions
- Solves complex problems which may be multidisciplinary or require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Makes decisions in non-routine situations applying considerable interpretative thinking
Knowledge and Skills:
- Specialist, experienced professional with extensive knowledge and skills gained through wide-ranging experiences in a field including Python expertise with Database development (PostgreSQL), Asynchronous programming, multi-threading, streaming, Docker, AWS development Boto3 (Service & Infrastructure), CI/CD (Git, Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline, Terraform), Scripting & System level programming, Linux / Windows OS, Agile / Scrum Development
- Recognized expert in their functional: Python, Docker
- Deep knowledge of complex product, market, and function in own area
- Works on issues of a diverse scope where analysis of situations requires skills and understanding of current industry trends
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.