Senior Developer - Index Technology
Senior Developer, Development - Index Technology will be responsible for the solution design and delivery of building new Index services in support the governance and management of Indices, operational and audit requirements.
The remit for this role is a part of the wider programme to build solutions to fit in target state index platform and achieving strategic objectives of LSEG Index business.
- Design and development of the backend/frontend engine for Index calculation and delivery.
- Implementation of Market Data related projects
- Maintenance and support of the existing index calculation libraries, index simulators and other commercial products
- Implementation of quality controls (unit, functional and regression testing)
- Identifies and executes improvements to code
- Creates technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Provide 3rd line support for Index Applications
- Act as a key tech point of contact for Index services.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronics / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in software development methodologies and Agile based delivery
- Experience in working on data management and data focussed projects
- Experience in programming languages (C#, Java or Python), data serialisation, RDBMS and ideally some NoSQL or open to learn new technologies
Nice to have:
- Experience in building re-usable code, data assets, defining and implementing software engineering best practices & code frameworks.
- Experience of AWS/Ansible/Jenkins/Git
- Experience with TDD and BDD testing patterns or open to learn
- Good experience in AWS
Personal skills & capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player, problem solver, a self-sufficient individual with an ability to be constructively address issues
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
Volunteering Events Team Buildings
Check out our virtual tour of our centre in Bucharest:
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.