Senior Technical Architect
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Technical Architect to join the Shared Technology group supporting the Index Refactoring Programme; an initiative focused on uplifting the index platforms support LSEG's index brands including FTSE Russell. The intent is to develop an extensible platform that can be run in multiple contexts and environments ranging from a single workstation to a cluster.
As a technical specialist this role will be responsible for defining and overseeing the development of the key elements of the solution architecture in the Index transformation programme. Their activities will include determining the strategic data requirements, creating high-level designs according to these requirements and ensuring that the overall data architecture aligns with its business needs. The role will be part of the overall Index design authority team to provide expertise in data architecture and design, to ensure the highest standards of software quality and improving team efficiency through innovation and automation.
- Applies knowledge of technologies, design patterns and standards to create a software products or customer solutions
- Act as a technical consultant providing technical knowledge, guidelines, and technical leadership
- Collaborate with business sponsors, peers, and end users to produce market leading technology solutions
- Liaise with various internal IT support functions, Development, Index Operations and external 3rd party vendors to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
- Understand the balance between client requirements and purity of design
- Design, recommend and be responsible for end-to-end project level technical solutions within the larger program context
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations in a business context, working closely with business analysis team
- Present and take full accountability for the approval of the proposed technical solution in any required review boards
- May be responsible for managing architects and coordinating emergent architecture across development teams
The role will be responsible for a key set of deliverables within the Index Refactoring programme focussed on building new target state systems.
The role will focus on building key capability to support the strategic objectives of index business.
Experience and technical skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronics / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Significant experience in software development methodologies and Agile based delivery
- Confident in technical discussions at all levels to ensure that high level architecture is correct and design principles are consistently adhered in implementation
- Strong track record in the creation of Solution or Technical architecture designs and their implementation
- Experience in a range of programming languages, preferably including Java, SQL and Python
- Understanding and proven experience in architecture frameworks - design and principles, use of meta data, regulatory requirements and governance
- A solid understanding of existing and emerging technologies for data acquisition, quality management, reporting and integrity
- In-depth knowledge of the principles and practices of good systems design
- Keen interest in technology
- Experience in public cloud architectures (AWS preferred)
Business / Sector expertise
- Strong experience in financial services with a good understanding of financial and related market data
Leadership and management experience
- Experience in professional people management / technical thought leadership
- The ability to conceptualise holistic architecture solutions that address the needs of an organisation as a whole
- The ability to manage and facilitate technological change
Personal skills and capabilities
- Strong team and stakeholder management, problem solver, a self-sufficient individual with an ability to be constructively address issues
- Innovative thinking to devise solutions that address the gap between business needs and technological constraints
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.