Operations Mechanical Engineer for Test Equipment in BU UX (TM)
If you are a Mechanical Engineer, consider yourself an innovative and creative thinker and you would like to join us for driving the Manufacturing Test Engineering standardization on a global scale apply now for our Operations Mechanical Engineer for Test Equipment in BU UX (TM).
* Act as Equipment Project Manager for Test Equipment - manage full and complex mechanical projects both internal (different standardization teams and different locations) and external ones (equipment suppliers and technology integrator) or several projects simultaneously;
* Create and modify mechanical designs or portions of projects or complete Test Equipment projects of high complexity used in manufacturing environment;
* Check products design and provide feedback to R&D for Design for Manufacturing reviews;
* Responsible for test equipment specification and involved in RfQ processes;
* Review and approve suppliers equipment/lines design proposals according to our internal manufacturing standards and supervise the equipment development and commissioning;
* Strive for test equipment global standardization on a module, equipment and line level and assure the proper roll-out within all our manufacturing location. A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
* Mechanical Engineering university degree;
* Minimum 3 years experience in Mechanical Engineering design creation;
* Equipment Project Management experience is an advantage;
* Knowledge of appropriate techniques: design, calculation, CAD modeling, drawings creation;
* Knowledge of materials properties, behavior, and tolerance calculation;
* Knowledge of drawing standards and design guidelines;
* Automation knowledge (pneumatics and PLC) is a plus;
* intercultural sensitivity;
* English language proficiency.
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
* Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
* Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
* Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
* Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
* In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
* Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
* Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
* Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
* Access to e-learning platforms;
* Career development opportunities (local and international);
* Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of i37.7 billion and currently employs around 193,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary. The Vehicle Networking and Information business area, with its vision of "Always On," sees the vehicle of the future as a partner that supports its passengers with intelligent and secure solutions - seamlessly networked, user-friendly, convenient and smart. The business area develops and integrates components and end-to-end systems for connected mobility - architecture, hardware, software and services. With solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, user experience, high-performance computing, digital services and system integration for passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures stable and safe connectivity and smooth information flows for connected mobility.