IT Helpdesk Trainee
Schlumberger is looking for innovators to shape the future of energy. If you share our passion for discovery, we’ll give you the platform to turn it into real impact. Are you looking for a challenging opportunity to start a career in Finance? We are currently looking for new students that can tag along and be part of a multicultural team within our Finance hub located in Afi Park Cotroceni, Supply Hub located in The Bridge (Grozavesti) or Commercial Hub in America House (Piata Victoriei).
Our Schlumberger Hubs are centers of excellence that encourage curious and talented people to develop in a dynamic environment, helping them build successful careers in order to achieve their full potential. Does this sound like the ideal experience for you ? If so, then join the winning team at Schlumberger.
The internship opportunities are in the following departments: IT Support on Site, IT Analyst, Digital Data Analyst, Service Desk.
Job Summary: The Onsite Support is considered a computer support expert responsible for hardware, software (location specific) and peripherals. Onsite Support is the second point of escalation for the resolution of desktop or laptop related incidents, service requests, and connectivity issues.
Relationships: Reports to: OnSite IT team lead
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides second-line investigation and diagnosis
- Resolves and closes incidents/service requests as per help desk procedures & allocated timelines
- Logs relevant incident/service request details per help desk procedures
- Communicates with customer regarding incident progress
- Ensures tickets are updated at all times until issues are resolved
- Escalates unresolved incidents/service requests within agreed timescales
- Liaises with customer, other SLB IT support groups and 3rd party providers when necessary
- Maintains Global Asset Management database with all the required updates related to the hardware he is responsible for
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on laptops, desktops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Support local IT infrastructure for business development projects
- Presents and educates IT solutions, methods, and tools to customer in order to increase their efficiency
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for computer hardware and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Participate actively in IT team and follow up closely on the objectives & KPI’s
- Complies with Quality Health Safety Environment (QHSE) and IT policies
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Technical knowledge with the operation of desktops/laptops, printers and mobile devices
- Windows 10, Office 365 & Teams skills
- Understanding TCP/IP addressing and subnetting basics
- Fluent in English
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Customer interface skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive, requires little supervisory attention.
- Willingness to work flexible hours when needed
- Learn on the job and apply the knowledge from university
- Flexible with your exams program and other discounts for your well-being
- Learning-based platforms that allow you to study at your own pace
So, if you are interested, or you know a student who may be interested in what we offer, feel free to apply !