Submit your CV @Cargill- Commercial Merchandising Trainee
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career?
Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job purpose and impact
We are looking for 2 Commercial Merchandising Trainees who will take part in our 24 months accelerated professional program at Cargill, in order to learn commercial business, acquire experience and after passing the milestones in the development plan become a Merchant within Cargill.
- Understand the agricultural commodities trading industry and the markets for commodity merchandising
- Develop knowledge on Cargill's trading and hedging strategies, tactics and practices, including the use of futures, risk management derivatives and structured products
- Understand drivers of profit and loss and take commercial decisions to generate revenue
- Coordinate transportation and logistics to execute commodity contracts and interacting with other functions across the business
- Develop collaborative relationships with external customers and suppliers in a customer facing role
- Understand the local supply and demand factors that impact markets.
- Learn on the job from specialists, developing technical and soft skills and receiving coaching from the manager and peers
- You will work under direct supervision and handle basic issues and problems, while referring more complex issues to higher-level staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Fresh graduates or maximum 3 years of prior internship/work experience
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in local language and English
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office proficient
- Strong analytical skills and commercial mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle risks and ambiguity
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or economics, business administration or equivalent experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong team player, able to thrive in a diverse and multicultural environment
- High interest in digital transformation and digital products
- Agile self-starter and quick learner, able to navigate a complex environment
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Does our role match your career interests? Do you meet our requirements? Then make sure to send us your application now!
The recruitment process typically involves an initial online assessment, followed by interviews. Only suitable applicants will be invited for an interview and they will receive additional information about the next steps.