Indirect Tax consultant
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organizations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organizations recognized by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
Over the last three years we are the fastest growing large accounting organisation and we are constantly evolving and developing alongside our clients.
In Romania and Moldova we exceeded 100 headcount and we are continuously consolidating our strong team for growth
To qualify for the role you need to have
• Bachelor/Master’s degree in economics or equivalent;
• at least 1 year of relevant professional experience in the Romanian VAT practice (consulting or industry experience);
• good level of English – written and spoken; any additional European language is a plus;
• good knowledge of Microsoft Office package (i.e., Word, Power Point, Excel).
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Good organization skills, a proactive personality and motivation to learn.
• Promotion opportunities based on performance.
• The opportunity to undertake tasks covering other tax area, beside VAT.
As an Indirect Tax consultant, you will be involved in various consulting and compliance projects, such as:
• VAT research, based on the Romanian Fiscal Code and EU VAT law and relevant national / EU jurisprudence;
• VAT consultancy service of low and medium complexity under the supervision of the Senior/Manager;
• involvement in VAT compliance projects (e.g., preparation of the VAT and VAT interstate returns, under the supervision of the Senior /Manager; involvement in the VAT registration processes, performance of various VAT reconciliations for clients);
• involvement in various tax reviews and tax due diligence projects.
• working towards improving the automation of the VAT compliance process.
• good cooperation with other juniors from the team;
• actively participating to the training sessions and technical discussions, to ensure continuous development of your technical skills.