The Software Engineer is a member of the Agile Team responsible for implementing software development strategy for Capital Markets Shared Technology Products; they apply business requirements and knowledge of software development lifecycles to guide the development of complex software products or customer solutions.
- Contributes to and develops high-quality software design and architecture;
- Develops, tests and delivers software solutions that align with architecture, operational and risk processes;
- Develop cloud based microservice architectures to process real-time data;
- Implement our technical roadmap as we scale our services and build new products;
- Advocate and evangelise best practice engineering;
- Have familiarity with security and operational best practices;
- Working in a modern, agile environment;
- Identifies, prioritises, and executes tasks in the software development life cycle;
- Develops tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code;
- Producing clean efficient code based on specifications and developing components from UI to back end using modern languages and techniques;
- Creating and maintaining deployment tooling and automation to support the CI/ CD pipelines;
- Collaborating with team members on best practices, promoting effective cloud-based approaches and embracing agile methodologies to rapidly iterate solutions;
- Ensures high quality product through the validation and verification testing of functional and non-functional requirements;
- Collaborates with internal teams (including Product Owners/Business and Client Analysis) and vendors to fix and improve products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience required:
- 3+ experience in software development methodologies and Agile based delivery;
- 3+ experience with development of RESTful Web Services, in-depth knowledge of Java, event driven development, Microservice design patterns, Cloud configurations and deployments;
- Experience building AWS cloud native services using EC2, S3, ECS, SQS, API Gateway, Lambda, etc.;
- Excellent knowledge of Java 8+, SpringBoot, Kafka, Angular, Hibernate, Docker;
- Expertise in OOP design and programming concepts;
- Good understanding of different databases (Relational and NoSQL);
- Proven experience in test driven development - unit, component, integration, and automation to support modern DevOps principles;
- Practices Agile principles;
- Write highly available, maintainable, and secure code;
- Great understanding of the Solid Principles, OWASP, Design Patterns;
- Proficient with Git/Jira/ Bitbucket;
- Proficient with CI/CD automation (Jenkins, Gradle);
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronics / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent..
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year;
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday;
- Annual wellness allowance;
- Share Purchase Plan;
- Medical Health Insurance;
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services);
- Dental Coverage;
- Life insurance;
- Pillar 3 Private Pension;
- Meal Vouchers;
- Flexible Benefits;
- Volunteering Events Team Buildings.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.