Full Stack Engineer- M.Store
METRO Digital Romania is the tech product-led company of METRO, the leading international specialist for wholesale and food trade. With longstanding experience in global wholesale, METRO.digital develops customized IT services and products worldwide for all METRO countries. Located in Germany and Romania, the METRO.digital employees are working continuously on one goal: digitalizing the wholesale industry.Cerinte
You’re a great fit:
• Fluency in Java acquired in 5+ years of development experience;
• Expertise in object-oriented/architectural design patterns;
• Familiar with domain driven design and micro-services architecture;
• Strong skills in developing secure REST APIs and micro-services;
• Knowledge of Spring Boot;
• Experience with automated unit and integration testing (Junit, Mockito);
• Knowledge of open source databases - SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra);
• Familiar with Kafka;
• Familiar with Linux, Docker, Kubernetes;
• Familiar with continuous integration tools;
• Strong communication abilities: being comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders;
• Mindset/Ways of working: have a systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive. Focused on lowering the mean time between having ideas and making stuff happen;
• Agility: being familiar with agile and lean methodologies - the ability to break down big projects into small stories, prioritizing, adapting to change, and delivering the most value.
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Why should you join us?
Purpose of your new department:
In Metro’s digital transformation journey M.STORE it’s our mobile best in class solution to support store employees in all their processes of stock management, ordering and goods receiving seamlessly to ensure goods availability in quantity and quality for customers.
Your new challenges:
As a full stack software engineer, you will develop micro-services and you will be fully responsible for the entire application lifecycle. You will leverage the newest technology stack to add value for a modern system meant to be used worldwide in Metro's stores.
Our general Benefits:
• Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
• Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
• Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
• Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.