Data Technical Architect
METRO Digital Romania is the tech product-led company of METRO, the leading international specialist for wholesale and food trade. With longstanding experience in global wholesale, METRO.digital develops customized IT services and products worldwide for all METRO countries. Located in Germany and Romania, the METRO.digital employees are working continuously on one goal: digitalizing the wholesale industry.Requirements
The candidate should:
- be able to communicate the value of data on all levels and be actively shaping how Metro is handling data today and tomorrow;
- have strong communication skills as a key task is to connect people from different business units and different roles;
- should be able to work conceptually and be able to communicate the impact of this type work;
- should be able to think and to communicate the big picture for data and at the same time be able to link this to individual solutions;
- actively driving the collaboration with technical architects on enterprise and solution level;
- actively engaging with business process architects;
- have 7.5+ years experience in complex data management scenarios;
- have a huge interest in the business processes and business challenges a company like Metro is facing; experience in the wholesale/retail domain is a plus but not mandatory;
- have coded data processing pipelines or data applications and should be knowledgeable in modern software delivery and lifecycle management;
- have deep knowledge in state of the art data processing technologies;
- deep knowledge (differences and tradeoffs) of different database technologies, like Relational, NoSQL, Data Lake;
- good knowledge of public clouds (GCP);
- have a consulting mindset. Sharing information and proactively support projects is a must;
- should be able to guide and respecting people and be an internal sales person for all topics around data;
- should have skills in data modeling and governance models and how to make them become reality in a large cooperation;
- should have strong methodology skills when engaging with business units and data teams;
- should have a background in how to bring AI/ML into business processes and what role data management plays in such advanced solutions;
- should have knowledge in the area of GDPR and other data privacy and security regulations;
- should be able to articulate the value of data quality and why it matters to everyone in a data driven organization;
- should be willing to represent Metro.digital on external conferences;
- should be willing to get engaged in hiring data people and mentor people on their data savvy career path;
- should be familiar with agile software delivery by teams that are spread across various locations.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day.
- Personal growth: training in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free - Bookster account, the opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies.
- Well-being: online sports activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets.
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.