Refinitiv Benchmark Services -Software Engineer (Java)
LSEG delivers truly world-changing insight based on rich content sources. Within this insight lies our Regulated Benchmarks Services Limited ("RBSL") technology group, which administers, calculates, and distributes Benchmarks across multiple asset classes across global jurisdictions.
Working closely with business proposition leaders, product managers, architects, and other software development teams, you will be a Software Engineer (Java) for the RBSL Technology team (Bucharest). The team works to implement, maintain, and enhance enterprise solutions that support our regulated benchmarks, which includes a variety of foreign exchange and interest rate benchmarks and regulated indices.
The short-term goal is to develop technology products into a single standardized platform/framework that will reduce complexity while improving time to market and scalability. The proposed RBSL solutions will be a series of inter-connected microservices that leverage common building blocks that will simplify dependencies yet require a high level of responsiveness and throughput. To keep pace with the demand for regulatory and market-driven changes LSEG products under the RBSL banner need to be built at large scale and cloud-native.
The RBSL technology stack is a combination of legacy applications that are being transformed into a variety of cloud-native AWS technologies, Java 8 / SpringBoot framework and an AWS Aurora PostgreSQL database.
If you are interested in working in a technology team associated with critical, large-scale, high performance distributed systems that set standards for financial markets, we want you on our team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop high-quality software, design, and functional documentation
- Provide estimates for specific software feature implementation
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Build unit tests for your code and follow test-driven development processes.
- Develop and maintain tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code that follows open sourcing standards
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Communicate with senior development team members on daily basis
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies and standards
- Assist front-line support teams in resolving customer and production issues.
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience working in Agile SDLC to deliver iterative value to business.
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Understanding of distributed computing, data partitioning, sharding and implementing applications in microservice framework.
- SpringBoot, Framework & Spring Config Server
- Java 8/11 experience.
- Web Service , WebSocket , REST
- DB (SQL, Oracle,PostGres)
- Any enterprise messaging service (Kafka)
- Financial markets/banking experience and/or experience dealing with regulated products.
- Experience migrating on-prem infrastructure to cloud or willingness to learn and assist junior members in development team
- Build automation familiarity (Terraform)
- Powershell or bash familiarity
- AWS or similar cloud experience
- Storage (S3)
- Load Balancing (ELB/ALB)
- Virtual Machines (EC2)
- Containerization (AWS ECS/Fargate)
- Secrets Management (SecretsManager)
- Jenkins or GitLab pipelines
- Windows and Linux administration
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.