Global Product Line Software Head - UX (TM)
With the rising content in today's and tomorrow's vehicles Continental offers a wide range of UX solutions. From mechanical pointers & switches to interactive surfaces creating an exciting and intuitive user experience world. It's about making complex technology invisible. Functions appear intelligently when needed an integrate into a clean and intuitive to use design.
It's all about the joy of use.
Global Product Line Software Head represents an executive position within User Experience (UX) business area, having the following responsibilities:
* Global Software technical responsible for the products and solutions being developed for the Product Development Center (PDC);
* Global SW engineering release manager in the PDC;
* Main SW interface to Product Development Center and/or Segment;
* Derives SW discipline strategic topics related to respective product and safeguards the technical feasibility and correct implementation inside discipline of the Product Portfolio Strategy;
* Defines and executes the world wide SW discipline specific strategy elements of the PDC;
* Defines and executes SW discipline specific targets, processes and tools of the PDC world wide;
* Is responsible for the operational excellence and competitiveness in the area of responsibility;
* Is responsible to ensure competitiveness and profitability (e.g. via customer satisfaction or completeness degree of product) and organizational compliance (e.g. procedural requirements, internal and external standards) for the discipline specific work products in the PDC world wide;
* Supports customer communication whenever needed for SW discipline topics;
* Is the highest authority of escalation for a PDC inside the SW discipline;
* Triggers and oversees activities or task forces to address global systemic issues in the SW discipline within the product group / PDC;
* Coordinates the effort with other departments and organizations towards the achievement of the projects goals (e.g. Platform and / or Tools development);
* Is responsible to actively support organizational improvements together with Location Discipline Head in order to ensure high-performing projects (i.e. optimize flow of work through the value stream);
* Establish & monitor objective KPIs to measure the performance of the global projects. (For example project progress, completion degree as well as overall quality).
* University Engineering Degree;
* Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience in the R&D Automotive field is required;
* Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience in management area;
* Minimum 3 years of complete responsibility for the work product (budget, resources);
* Minimum 3 years of leadership experience is required, in a relevant field of activity;
* Minimum 1 year of International exposure (working in international team/projects).
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of i33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services