Internship Feature Engineer IT Core Banking @ ING Hubs
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs ING Hubs Romania active
View all jobs Internship Feature Engineer IT Core Banking @ ING Hubs active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
ING Hubs Romania is ING Group's global hub for technology providing over 150 services for 24 ING units globally. The services we are delivering fit into four main categories: software development, data management, non-financial risk & compliance, audit.
Established in 2015, our focus has been on building strategic key capabilities, such as developing and continuously improving common IT solutions that can be shared, replicated and reused across the other ING entities.
Now, in 2022, our fast-growing organization gathers more than 1300 high-performing engineers and non-financial risk & compliance specialists that work together in global tribes.
• You are a student in final year or that finished the bachelor’s degree
• You have analytical skills and logical thinking; you must be able to think strategically and question the logic.
• You will not have programming tasks, but fair knowledge of object-oriented programming and a good understanding of SQL and database structures will help you in this role
• You are eager to learn less common technologies like MUMPS or PSL programming language or GT.M database
• We need your communication skills. We depend on your abilities to speak and understand the English language, and we count on you being customer-focused and self-organized.
As an intern for the role of Feature Engineer within the core banking domain, you will learn the functionalities that can exist in a core banking application like current accounts lifecycle, loan accounts lifecycle, interest processing, payments processing, etc.
You will learn to understand and translate business requirements into implementation options that you will discover them at the beginning with the help of a mentor and then on your own. You will learn also how to present the solution to the business.
The internship will be in the format of a part-time job with a duration of 6 months and we have 4 openings.
This period will be split in several phases:
- Trainings on the core banking application functionalities: You will perform several exercises based on the presented theory.
- Short technical training: a presentation of the GT.M database and an introduction to the programming languages MUMPS and PSL (Profile Scripting Language). It will allow you to better understand the functionalities and to perform investigations in the application
- Mentorship phase – hands on with the existing teams: you will experience the way of working in each team: you will learn how production incidents are investigated and you will see the evolution of a request from an idea until implementation to production.
- Project practice – you will have to apply everything you learned in a production like project and your performance will be evaluated.
You will work in a hybrid way: some days you will be present in the office, which is located on Dacia Boulevard, no 1 and in other days you can work from home, depending on the tasks and common agreements.