Mobile Backhaul 2nd Line Engineer
Technology is a playground for ideas!
Vodafone Shared Services Romania is the place to make them come to life.
If you want to invest more in a career rather than just a job,
Meet us, Join us, Grow with us!
We stay hungry and true to our core values by recruiting people who are fun, passionate, open, and question everything.
Reflect on what your motivation is to come on board! We’re eager to hear your story.
We live and thrive in an ever-changing environment where creativity and productivity are key, within working hours, of course.
With these skills you are a great candidate:
• Very good knowledge of networking principles and protocols: BGP, IS-IS, MPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, IP (Routing & Switching) QoS.
• Good understanding of SW lifecycle: design, installation, test, acceptance, implementation, performance optimization and troubleshooting.
• Analyse and interpret traces (Wireshark traces, network element traces, logs).
• Team working oriented.
• English (spoken and written).
• University degree: faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology.
• 1-2 years of experience in Fixed/IP/Transmission Network Operations and Maintenance activities.
• CISCO trainings and certificates or equivalent
Your day to day:
2nd Line Operations of Fixed Networks in a multi-vendor environment.
Preventive and corrective second level troubleshooting ensuring quality and continuity of service and the restoring time for Fixed and Transport Network Elements.
In collaboration with 1st Line Operations teams, work out procedures related to the analysis of alarms in order to detect and eliminate faults. Perform data configuration, software rollout and support integration activities with planning and delivery functions.
With these activities you will have a great impact on our business:
• In case of incident assure troubleshooting analysis and all the repair actions, including vendor support escalation, in order to achieve service restoration of the Access Network.
• Perform proactive maintenance activities to prevent incidents and constantly optimize the Access Network. Take corrective measures based on performance management and indicators trend analysis. Spot and address capacity issues.
• Assure planned work activities, network rollout, software upgrades and parameter changes in Access Network ensuring quality of service and avoiding regression on network functionalities.
• Management and implementation of automations initiatives using scripts or programming languages.
• Perform acceptance test and integration/configuration activities of new network elements of the fixed network.
• Operate auxiliary platforms: backup and restore, syslog management, network performance monitoring and management.
• Knowledge sharing in order to increase technical skills of other teams involved in deployment and operations activities in the Access Network.
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
• In this pandemic period we have 100% work from home for your safety.
• Medical and dental services
• Life insurance
• Dedicated employee phone subscription
• Special discounts for gyms and retailers
• Annual Company Bonus
• Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
• You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
• Getting in on the ground floor of and technology changing company
• Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you!