C++ Software Engineer
A C++ Software engineer is expected to have a fair knowledge on software engineering principles and C++ concepts and applications. He/she is expected to be able to work under guidance initially and is expected to transform and integrate up to medium complexity task level business/technical/operational requirements into working C++ code including the aspects of technical/functional testing.
- Work as a contributing member in a multi-disciplined agile scrum team as a C++ engineer
- Understand the software module/s and the subsystem/s that he/she is expected to work for with respect to design, code structures, quality, functional and non-functional perspective with guidance
- Understand the task level requirements and transform them into C++ code
- Apply the code changes to the software modules with software integrity and best practices maintained as defined. Is expected to be guided in complicated scenarios.
- Assure the quality of software being developed with adequate level of unit, component and where applicable ned-to-end testing. Also expected to use static and dynamic code analysis tools.
- Adhere to the SDLC standards that is being setup
- Identify any gaps early and use various avenues provided such as line management coaching, training programs, mentoring etc. to be able go to the next level.
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- This is an individual contributing role in a team with no leadership expectations
- Expected to be a good team player
- In depth hands on experience in C++ or in any other programming language. In the event of the latter, a fair understanding of C++ and willingness to work in C++ is expected.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronics / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Previous work experience is an added advantage
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise - and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
We have a critical role to play in re-engineering the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth, we're doing this by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy, and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.