Global Mobility Specialist (Relocation Support for Employees)
Garrett is a cutting-edge technology provider that enables vehicles to become safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friendly. We lead the development of innovative and differentiated solutions which empower the transportation industry to redefine and further advance motion. We partner with the world’s leading car and truck manufacturers, creating the turbocharging, electric boosting and connected vehicle systems central to the latest generation of fuel efficient and lower emissions vehicles.Requirements
Needed skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of applicable experience in the field of Global Mobility or comparable experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Critical thinking and excellent interpersonal skills; a passion for customer service; flexibility; innovation; high-energy self-starter who brings the utmost level of integrity to the company.
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contribute to problem resolution of those issues.
- Ability to adapt to changing and fast-paced business environment.
- Process improvement and business orientation and the ability to utilize and maintain IT systems.
- Superb organizational skills and good presentation skills.
- Sensitivity to intercultural issues and excellent communication skills.
- Team player and excellent customer service orientation.
- Instinctively understands and focuses on value creation within respective roles while consistently demonstrating a commitment to excellence in building successful business partnerships.
This position is primarily responsible for providing day-to-day specialized support and administration to the Global Mobility function, helping facilitate all mobility processes, as needed, throughout the mobility lifecycle. There will be exposure to domestic relocation, international relocation, international expatriate assignments, special global mobility projects, immigration, international tax and social security issues, to support the growing/changing needs of the business. The Global Mobility Specialist will monitor the current mobility process and, where requested, will assist with support for analyzing market trends, making changes to offerings, and maintaining compliance with all global mobility-related requirements.
- Maintains good knowledge of all Garrett Global Mobility Programs (e.g. International Relocation, Domestic Relocation, Global Mobility International Assignments, etc.);
- Coordinate the initiation of the relocation package based on the company’s mobility policy and business needs, as well as ensuring the proper and full initiation information is provided;
- Ensure timely approval of the appropriate stakeholders on the relocation cost estimates created by the vendors. Raise any issues, exceptions or questions to the Global Mobility Leader;
- Monitor and coordinate the relocation process by answering to questions coming from the vendors or the business, as well as anticipating and resolving various challenges and situations that might arise;
- Ensure monthly compliance throughout the assignment period by working with the tax vendor & Garrett payroll;
- Prepare cost projections, Salary Evaluation Report (SET) and Host Pay Calculation Report (HPC), when requested;
- Ensure monthly compliance throughout assignment period_ working with tax vendor & Garrett payroll;
- Approve Tax Equalization made by tax vendor and monitor payment from EE
- Effectively communicate and educate HRGs and employees on visa timing based on advice from the company’s immigration provider and GMS Leader’s feedback where required;
- Serve as the main point of contact for related vendors including immigration vendors, tax consultants, and relocation service vendors;
- Closely work with GMS Leader and HRGs to ensure global compliance with Global Mobility policies and procedures;
- Exercise initiative in organizing work, tracking cases, and escalating complex problems;
- Ensure that global mobility data and information (e.g. immigration, relocation letters, etc.) is entered and maintained in Garrett HR Tool (Oracle) accurately to enable efficient and accurate reporting;
- Monitor and proactively action upon upcoming visa expiration dates;
- Ensure proper billing information is provided to the vendors, as well as track the vendor's invoices reach the finance department;
- Critically review and approve vendor invoices; identify saving opportunities;
- Prepare monthly cost accruals reports and quarterly accrual reconciliation reports for the finance department;
- Organize and manage day-to-day workload to include responding to customers and employee inquiries within 24 – 48 hours of receipt.