Senior Manager Business Analyst
Senior Manager Business Analyst
Senior Manager - 14
To plan, prioritise and provide delivery assurance of the Index programme portfolio at technology division and technology group level. To drive the execution of cross-group technology and/or cross-business initiatives and requests that cut across multiple divisions. To drive and enable the execution of communication, employee engagement, financial management, and learning and development strategies for the Bucharest arm of Index Technology
Group Head of Shared Technology
Key relationships & committees
- Shared Technology Leadership team
- ISD/D&A Leadership (Technology & Product)
- D&A and Shared Technology Programme Management Leadership Technology IMO
- D&A PMO
- Index Operations and Data Operations Leadership
- Customer Proposition and Product and Architecture teams
- Participates in the project portfolio planning process at division and group level.
- Defines and manages the project portfolio prioritisation approach with technology leadership across D&A and Shared Technology
- Manages the Bucharest based Index Technology teams, liaises with the core teams that the Bucharest teams are aligned to.
- Defines and governs policies, procedures and standards for Programme Delivery and Financial Management and Investment Governance, and ensures that these are properly adopted and implemented across the federated technology functions
- Provides leadership to the community of project and programme managers across the divisions to ensure common understanding of portfolio parameters and expectations, and sharing of knowledge.
- Sponsors capability development, adoption of global Project Management Framework standards, development of enabling technology and tools and alignment of PPM tools to Corporte strategy
- Participates in cross-technology programme governance to enable collaboration and delivery of complex or cross-business/division programmes with significant business impact
- Provides Technology Annual Planning support / finance and quarterly investment governance execution in alignment with Corporate-wide governance.
- Supports COO, Technology in driving and enabling the execution of communication, employee engagement, financial management, and learning & development strategies for the Technology COO division as well as at the technology group level.
- Ensures that all teams have been trained in appropriate methodologies, standards and policies and understand their role in the organisation
- Is knowledgeable of all LSEG applications that maintain/consume Index content, keeps abreast of applications/services in the market that LSEG could potentially leverage as part of our overall strategy
- Responsible for entire Index Tech team in Bucharest.
Ensure the successful execution of technology development for teams based in Bucharest, which will support both D&A and Shared Tech aligned teams
+ Coordinate Dev Ops, QA and programme management for Bucharest based Index Tech development + Develop training plans around technology skill and business knowledge + coordinate Index Tech growth in Bucharest with broader Index Tech management team
This role immediately impacts the Index Next Generation Platform strategy and project delivery
Going forward, this role will influence successful planning and delivery of technology projects supporting Data Services, Analytics and Index products across LSEG
This role impacts Shared Technology's reputation and strategic objectives across the wider group and ability to attract and retain programme management talent
- Successful delivery of planned Index Tech development in Bucharest, as defined in project plans and assigned deliverables
- High velocity and low bug rates for Bucharest based development teams
- Managing key risks and dependencies across the Index Tech book of work
Technical / Job Function knowledge
- Experience managing multiple development teams executing across a variety of applications
experience in Strategy and business development experience leading and managing teams in ambiguity in highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across organisational boundaries, build relationships, and import and export Talent and ideas to achieve a broader organisational goal.
- Proven track record of using industry standard processes and frameworks and promoting innovation across the organisation in the use of technology to solve business problems
Business and sector expertise
- Deep knowledge of Front, Middle and Back Office business functions supporting the investment life cycle of Asset Management
- Specific knowledge of Index Development preferred, but deep understanding of Wealth and Institutional Asset Management a must
- Experience of developing and influencing strategic working relationships with key technology and business partners
- Strong general understanding of Equities, Fixed Income and Alternative Investment asset classes
- Experiencing in collaborating with senior business thought leaders on new product definition
Leadership and management experience
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationship with a division's Business and Technology stakeholders. Be the voice of Realtime in the division/business area and the voice of the business within Shared Tech Layer
- Experience of establishing and monitoring governance, including accountability, engagement, KPI metrics, etc., and planning and controlling budgets
- Experiencing in defining a road map that is aligned with an overall Technology, and owning this to completion
- Experience in working within 'virtual' organizations that cut across vertical and horizontal technology and business organizations
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve risks and issues
- Examples of where they have showcased thought leadership by identifying industry technical trends as well as customer and engineering feedback to recommend, plan for, and address core market opportunities
- Experience with Agile solutions like Jira, and experience with project/financial management applications, like Clarity
Personal skills and capabilities
- Gravitas to interface with senior C-suite members
- Ability to influence across multiple Divisions, Businesses and Functions
- Able to inspire and influence broadly throughout the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills: (market analysis, requirements definition, competitive analysis, etc.)
- Strong team player with experience of working with virtual teams from different functions/regions
- Highly collaborative with proven ability to quickly establish trust and credibility demonstrates confidence to navigate the matrix and identify key stakeholders and their respective needs
- Communication: Ability to communicate confidently and concisely to both technologists and non-technologists. Proven ability to translate the vision/strategy into clear priorities and direction
- Proven ability to grow talent and lead high performing teams
- Responsible for leading global multicultural, multilingual teams
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.