Reliability Validation Engineer for QL R&D (TM)
"The most difficult thing in any negotiation, almost, is making sure that you strip it of the emotion and deal with the facts." (Howard Baker) Facts are what you find in our Reliability Validation Team! Join us by applying for the below role.
Do you want to be a Reliability Validation Engineer? These should spark your interest:
* Serve as interface between the customer (service requester) and the Qualification Laboratory- Reliability testing;
* Permanent cooperation with the customer (service requester) to reach common project targets;
* Check or prepare Reliability Testing Documentation;
* Check the service request form and prepare time estimations and cost estimations;
* Request and manage the external testing methods;
* Track and report qualification tests status to the customer (service requester);
* Align with the customer (requester) and appropriate Qualification Laboratory Reliability experts in order to prevent/solve problems (e.g. use past knowledge to suggest solutions to validate failures);
* Responsible for covering Continental automotive quality standards;
* Track failures/incidents during validation via specific Continental tools.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
This is what it takes to be a successful Reliability Validation Engineer:
* University Degree in technical fields (e.g. Electronics, Electrotechnics, Telecommunications , Mechanics or Management in Production and Transports);
* Basic knowledge in Electrical/Electronical Engineering, Physics, Mechanics or similar;
* Practical experience using Microsoft Office tools: Excel, Word, Power Point, Planning Project, etc...
* Advanced english skills;
* Communication skills;
* Planning and organization skills (e.g. time management skills in order to accomplish deadlines);
* Analytical skills (e.g. detailed oriented);
* Automotive experience is an advantage.
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
* Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
* Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
* Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
* Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life
* Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
* In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
* Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
* Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
* Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
* Access to e-learning platforms;
* Career development opportunities (local and international);
* Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).