Power BI Developer
The role will take the lead in reporting, interpreting finance data to create meaningful reports. This will require in-depth analytical skills, with the ability to interpret complex, and often ambiguous, data sets and to define the relevant KPIs and metrics that bring the story to life. Naturally, a keen eye for presentation, with a flair for visualisations that are clear, unambiguous, and actionable is core to the role too.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Assist the Business Intelligence Technical Lead and Product Manager with the design, development and maintenance of Business Objects, Tableau and Power BI dashboards, applications and reports.
- Work with the Business Analysts Team Lead, Java Developers, End Users, System level DBAs, Sys Admins and QA teams when appropriate.
- Responsible for delivering technical documents such as Technical Designs, Specifications, Users Guides and Solution Architecture Documentation.
- Design, Development and maintain Business Objects, Tableau and Power BI analytics system and some reports used in the Back-Office processing.
- A robust understanding of the Power BI architecture, and the available approaches to deliver reports securely over a multi-tenant business environment.
- Develop and support an enterprise product data warehouse and reporting environment, to deliver accurate and insightful business intelligence that advises the business to make strategic and tactical decisions and provides individuals with the information they need to perform their roles more effectively.
Key behaviours and skills required to be successful in the role:
- 4 years' experience with Power BI, Power BI Report Builder, SSRS or Tableau;
- Knowledge of SAP Business Objects 4.2 is nice to have;
- Advance level use of Business Intelligence tools for data analysis (e.g. Business Objects, Power BI , Tableau or other Data Visualisation);
- Microsoft Power BI to create end user reports, Microsoft Power BI Administration with Row Level Security
- Must have sophisticated knowledge of Business Objects Universe design / Data warehouse concepts (Star schema, slowly changing dimensions);
- 3+ years experiences with Oracle PL/SQL or MS SQL Server T-SQL;
- 1+ years Python / PowerShell scripting will be helpful;
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving (Requirement's analysis, documentation, specification, testing);
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Visio;
- Confirmed assistance in the design and architecture of system and scenarios;
- Good communication skills and engagement with Stakeholders (Business and Technical); both written and verbal;
- Experience of the challenges and best practices of BI in OnPrem and Cloud environments.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise - and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.