Junior Operations Engineer Intern
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Finastra active
View all jobs Junior Operations Engineer Intern active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internship active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
About the jobJunior Operations Engineer – Summer Internship Programme
Finastra are one of the worlds’ largest fintechs and we’re currently hiring Operations Engineers to join our 3-month summer internship programme. This scheme is suited to candidates in their third or final year of study who are looking to get an insight into a n Operations Engineering role and we’ll provide you with mentorship and training throughout the programme to help you develop your skills. You’ll need to be able to start the internship in early June and it will last for 12 weeks.
What You’ll Do
As an Operations Engineer, you’ll get to learn about private cloud data center operations, gain an understanding of ITIL Service Operation methodologies (Incident, Problem and Change Management) and get experience with service management tools like ServiceNow. During the internship you ’ll be responsible for :
- Providing application and infrastructure support for client facing applications hosted in Finansta’s private cloud
- Maintaining the private cloud data center infrastructure – VMware, monitoring and networking
- Investigating and troubleshooting application/infrastructure problems and liasing with the business, vendors and other IT groups to resolve them
- Resolving incidents and attending to daily operation requests
- Creating and maintaining knowledge articles, scripted resolution ‘ playbooks’ and other support related documentation
- Deployment and configuration across multiple platforms such as Windows and Linux and managing the installation and configuration of new or existing virtualisation hardware and products
- You’ll have great communication skills and a strong interest in developing your knowledge in an Operations Engineer role
- You’ll be a good problem solver and enjoy resolving issues
- You’ll have a basic understanding of cloud technologies
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please contact your recruitment partner.