Junior Solution Architect Intern
About the jobJunior Solution Architect – Summer Internship Programme
Finastra are one of the worlds’ largest fintechs and we’re currently hiring Solution Architects to join our 3-month summer internship programme. This scheme is suited to candidates in their third or final year of study who are looking to get an insight into a Solution Architect role and we’ll provide you with mentorship and training throughout the programme to help you develop your skills. You’ll need to be able to start the internship in early June and it will last for 12 weeks.
What You’ll Do
As a Solution Architect, you’ll contribute to the definition of patterns related to Cloud adoption on the Azure platform as well as defining various capabilities for Solution Architecture Delivery Framework (SADF). As part of Pattern definition, you’ll investigate possible options to help set guardrails for adoption of a pattern as part of an actual solution. During the internship you ’ll be responsible for :
- Collaborating on the exploration of possible options as well as Proof-of-Concepts (PoC) to achieve different requirements and documenting those options with pros/cons, risks, costs and impacts
- Collaborating with internal teams such as Security, Product, Cloud Architecture or other enterprise teams as part of pattern definition/PoC executions as well as other stakeholders to gather requirements
- Liaising with external partners as part of due diligence and option evaluation
- Attending and contributing to Pattern ceremonies with stakeholders to present options, decision papers and possible target solutions
- Maintaining Pattern Architecture repository for example documenting and storing various artifacts related to a pattern (Decision Papers, Requirement Traceability, vendor documents)
- Delivering capabilities required to SADF for example dashboards, process automation
- You’ll have knowledge of cloud platforms preferable Azure on IaaS or PaaS
- You’ll have a good understanding of networking especially from an Azure Cloud platform perspective
- You’ll have awareness of modern PaaS databases, PaaS on Azure, Kubernetes Clusters and PowerBI
- You’ll be a good problem solving who is happy to take the lead to solve complex, cross-functional issues across multiple technologies
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please contact your recruitment partner.