Junior DevOps Engineering Intern
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Finastra active
View all jobs Junior DevOps Engineering Intern active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internship active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
About the jobJunior DevOps Engineer – Summer Internship Programme
Finastra are one of the worlds’ largest fintechs and we’re currently hiring DevOps Engineers to join our 3-month summer internship programme. This scheme is suited to candidates in their third or final year of study who are looking to get an insight into a DevOps Engineering role and we’ll provide you with mentorship and training throughout the programme to help you develop your skills. You’ll need to be able to start the internship in early June and it will last for 12 weeks.
What You’ll Do
As a DevOps Engineer you’ll be responsible for systems integration using software to connect diverse and disconnected systems to reduce detection and repair times. You’ll work in an Agile environment which means you’ll attend ceremonies and sprint planning, stand ups and retros and provide demos on the advances you’ve made during each sprint cycle. During the internship you’ll be responsible for:
- Improving the consistency and lowering the complexity of monitoring configuration management through automation
- Supporting self service monitoring by developing and maintaining APIs, web interfaces and components of a monitoring platform as a service
- Maintaining tools associated with monitoring such as agents residing on operating systems, time series columnar store databases, relational databases, log aggregation engines, stream processors and machine learning tools
- Enriching the monitoring platform by abstracting the configuration of the monitoring tools into a self-service monitoring configuration management engine
- Building trust in the system by developing audits that programmatically prove our monitoring
- Work on a team of engineers, taking the lead in triaging new tickets that arrive into the team, and ensuring that they work an appropriate number of tickets
- A basic knowledge of Cloud technologies including Azure and AWS
- Ability to write and maintain shell scripts for routine administration in Perl, PowerShell, Bash/Shell, Python or any other scripting languages
- Basic operating system experience in all areas, systems administration skills around operating systems, for example how to list processes, check disk space, install packages, and perform basic maintenance routines
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please contact your recruitment partner.