GE. Incredible career diversity across disciplines worldwide.
General Electric is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Our Romanian Engineering Office is bringing a significant contribution to the Worldwide Electrical Energy context. Delivering on life-critical solutions we are deeply immersed into the worlds of Transmission, Distribution, Asset Management and Market Management making sure we shape how the energy landscape looks today and tomorrow.
Our teams breathe software-life into R&D, Services and Support for GE Digital Grid products while liaising with stakeholders and customers all around the globe.
GE Digital Java Developer Job Description
GE Digital’s Romanian Engineering Operations business is the biggest Global Delivery Center in the General Electric Digital Grid footprint which allows us to bring a significant contribution to the Worldwide Electrical Energy context. Delivering on life-critical solutions we are deeply immersed into the worlds of Transmission, Distribution, Asset Management and Market Management making sure we shape how the energy landscape looks today and tomorrow.
Our teams breathes software-life into R&D, Services and Support for GE Digital’s products while liaising with stakeholders and customers all around the globe.
GE Intelligent Platforms is an experienced high-performance technology company and a global provider of software, hardware, services, and expertise in automation and embedded computing. We offer a unique foundation of agile and reliable technology, providing customers a sustainable competitive advantage in the industries they serve, including energy, water, consumer packaged goods, oil & gas, government & defense, and telecommunications.
Job Description – Java Full Stack Developer
We provide flexible software solutions for evolving markets that have complex market rules and differing regulatory and legislative compliance to follow. We deliver very large, interconnecting software systems that span multiple countries and regions.
Our projects are executed within an international environment involving software development and implementation held in multi-sites and multi-countries. Hence both technical skills and interpersonal (communication both in oral and written form, self-organization, reporting, autonomy, decision making, English) are of utmost importance.
We deliver Market Management System solutions designed around a modern architecture that supports product-based modules. These modules are reusable and can be easily implemented in a short amount of time to meet tight regulatory deadlines.
What you need to succeed
We seek an enquiring mind with a desire to learn new skills and a broad understanding of engineering fundamentals. You will have an ability to work efficiently within a geographically distribute team. If you enjoy challenging problems, delivering thoughtful solutions, and learning every single day, you may be a good candidate to join our team.
• Proven knowledge of Java technologies and frameworks (Spring)
• Good understanding of SDLC, source control tools (GIT)
• Familiarity with ORM technologies (Hibernate) and Relational Databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
• Experience with performance optimizations, web-services (REST and SOAP), secure coding, design patterns, multi-threading, caching, message queues, authn/authz techniques
• Knowledge of front-end development (Angular, TypeScript)
• Comfortable with development best practices (peer review, estimation, design, documentation, testing)
• Strong English language skills, both spoken and written
• Familiarity with GWT
• Knowledge of workflow engines / BPMN (Flowable)
• Java profilers
• Familiarity with the overall CI/CD process and tools
• Knowledge of ActiveMQ, Nginx
• Scripting: Bash, Batch, Groovy
What you will do
• Join an R&D team working on a critical product used in electricity markets: energy trading, capacity auction and allocation, bidding, scheduling, settlement, energy balancing, reserve and congestion management.
• Work as part of an agile development team, participating in all aspects of the development process and product lifecycle
• Involved in all development phases that include solution design & architecture, development, unit testing, integration, and acceptance testing support
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
• Learn and apply new technologies when required
• Work as a full-stack engineer, with an emphasis on back-end development
• Write code with consideration for continuous integration & delivery
• Task planning, follow-up, reporting
When you join GE, you can work on projects with real purpose and can have pride in the products we create and the customers we support. You will be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow.
GE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to the continuous improvement and the wellbeing of its employee. We are offering fully customized development and training programs all throughout the year, on top of a LinkedIn Learning subscription and full access to GE’s learning base.
Our wellbeing program will allow you to benefit from multiple events focused on a healthy lifestyle, free apps to support your healthy habits and free employee assistance program, provided by specialized counselors.
Also, we are offering:
• Increased number of vacation days, according to your work-experience
• Annual, performance-based, salary review
• Bookster subscription