Oracle and MS SQL Database Administrator
HELLA is a global, family-owned company listed on the stock exchange that employs some 38,000 members of staff at over 125 locations in some 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry, and also has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis and services within Europe. In the Special Applications segment, HELLA also develops products for specialist vehicles. Complete vehicle modules, air-conditioning systems and vehicle electrical systems are produced in joint venture companies. With almost 7,000 people working in research and development, HELLA is one of the most important innovation drivers on the market. HELLA has achieved sales of around 6.6 billion Euros in fiscal year 2016/2017; in addition, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive parts suppliers in the world and one of the 100 largest German industrial companies.
- Install, configure, patch and upgrade database instances;
- Ensure high performance and availability of database instances including 24/7 support
within the database team;
- Manage the implementation of backup and recovery procedures, data recovery, data
integrity and space requirements;
- Document and maintain database standards, including naming conventions;
- Diagnose, resolve and communicate advanced problems;
- Working in a virtual team and cooperating with other competence teams.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Expert level knowledge of Oracle database administration, data guard and replication,
backup and recovery, performance tuning;
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Database Systems and tools;
- Experiences with MySQL, MongoDB or Cloud Database Management are very
- Adequate Unix/Linux systems administration experience to perform DBA tasks;
- Highly motivated to solve problems efficiently, fast troubleshooting and resolution
- Ability to work well in an international team;
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced English language skills.