Senior Technology Programme Manager
ROLE SUMMARY & PURPOSE
LSEG delivers truly world-changing insight based on rich content sources. This is a dominant playing field to provide intelligent portfolio analytics that helps financial market participants find more profitable investment opportunities.
A Technology Programme Manager is required to join the Investment Solutions Technology Delivery organisation.
The Technology Programme Manager is accountable for the delivery of medium to large scale technical transformation programmes within Investment Solutions portfolio, bridging the gap between technology and business change to deliver on the wider business strategy.
You will oversee the end-to-end technical delivery of the projects, bringing new capabilities to the market or implementing large scale changes to existing products, covering the full software development lifecycle within the stipulated program timeline/budget.
The LSEG Portfolio Analytics product set provides real-time market information so that clients can quickly understand the sources of relative risk and return in their funded and model portfolios. This enables portfolio managers to efficiently make portfolio adjustments and clearly and accurately track the changes. LSEG portfolio analytics provides access to a wealth of sectors, characteristics and industry-leading models and the ability to build in proprietary data for evaluation of investment management strategy and results. This role will report to the Development Manager of Portfolio Analytics and Lists.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defines, documents and delivers large-scale data driven programmes of work.
- Actively leads all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the program.
- Defines, communicates, and champions a method of working to manage the strategy.
- Defines and programmes governance to ensure there is sufficient executive support and guidance.
- Has effective control, leadership and responsibility for the delivery of the programme - including scope, schedule, budget, quality, and business value. Develops and leads the process for dealing with rapid major change. Ensures the communication channels and processes are in place to notify key stakeholders so that plans can be amended and the necessary action taken.
- Provides thought leadership on all aspects of the programme in order to ensure successful delivery. Establishes the appropriate tools and processes to meet project goals. Influences programme sponsor to make the appropriate decisions and modifications in response to external influences on the program.
- Effectively communicates difficult concepts to program stakeholders and modifies personal approach and style to reflect changing circumstance. Ensures appropriate sponsorship.
A programme is defined as either: the activities involved in integrating a group of related projects, often involving the entire lifecycle from business requirements, including business and product strategy, through to deployment of a service or set of products to the customer. Customer focused activities, as well as, internal and external communications are often involved. A programme can also be defined as a large complex project with high risk, unclear boundaries, condensed timeframe, and cross-functional requirements where the definition will continue to evolve or even change radically during the life of the programme.
A Program Management will:
- Define, scope, and manage complex software product delivery programmes while managing significant uncertainty and working with senior management to ensure business objectives are achieved. These programmes will require some leadership expertise along with demonstrated creativity and ingenuity.
- Support for the strategy owner in mission analysis and budget submissions. Leadership of the definition, delivery and deployment phases of the program utilizing accepted project management practices.
- Deliver programmes to support LSEG's ability to achieve revenue targets in customer segments. Manage programmes within accepted practices or standards related to time, quality and budget.
- Have in-depth program management knowledge.
- Have extensive program management knowledge and skills gained through wide-ranging experiences in the field of technology program management.
- Ensure appropriate visibility into assigned programmes to all levels of management, up to and including executive management.
- Is able to clearly communicate and work through influence by adapting style to reflect changing needs at the program or BU level.
Level of knowledge and application of skills.
Software Project Delivery
Project Risk management
Project Staff Management
Project 3rd Party Management
Improving Project Performance
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Change & Transformation
Investment Banking Business Knowledge
Project Dependency Management
Financial Management & Project Accounting
Project Estimating & Planning
Software Delivery Management
Waterfall Project Delivery
Agile Project Delivery
Fully CompetentPERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Cast iron integrity in all dealings, both internal and external
- Show concern for your work colleagues
- Thrive on change and demonstrate a "can-do" attitude to all things asked of you
- Thrive in a complex environment
- Be open and honest in dialogue, processes and seek consensus in decision making
- Be creative, co-operative and collaborative
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Senior Leadership Team in LSEG Technology team
- Business Case Stakeholders (Product and Proposition Management)
- Technology Program Office partners
- Business Program Office partners
- Technology Delivery Managers
- Technology delivery teams (development, operations, architects)
- 3rd parties (vendors, exchanges, clients, service providers)
- Project and program management colleagues
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
Volunteering Events Team Buildings
Check out our virtual tour of our centre in Bucharest:
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise - and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.