Data Integration Development Lead
Data Integration Development LeadRole Profile
IDPS (Index Data Processing Platform) is a program whose main purpose is to drive improvements across data collection, data management and data governance resulting in improved efficiencies, robustness, and the ability for our business to use our data as an asset by driving both cost savings and revenue opportunities. Some of the outcomes and benefits of this program include:
- Provides a single, centralized version of the truth/data including standardized logical and physical data model
- Data capabilities to build world class multi-asset indices and data & analytics services
- Universal data quality profiling and checks as well as Data Policies and Governance
- A platform for data discovery, management and cataloguing
- Ability to on-board and integrate new business acquisitions more efficiently
- Improve operational efficiency through automation
- A customized bi-directional packaging and delivery capability
- We are looking to fill a Data Integration Development Lead who will play an integral role in the ongoing application & data analysis, design, development, integration, enhancements and maintenance of the data platform which will span a broad range of data and functionality. While constantly driving innovation and working on complex technical challenges every day, this team member will provide subject matter expertise and technical direction, work closely with business users, BAs, PO's, PMs and other team members to understand business requirements, design and develop quality technical solutions that are aligned with the business and Platform strategies while ensuring compliance with the organization's architectural and coding standards. In this role, the Development Lead will also be responsible for helping to troubleshoot complex support issues on an as needed basis as well as managing other data integration developers including Hana and ETL Developers. This role will be based in Fort Mill, SC on the Shared Tech Data Services Team.
- Solution development and delivery including:
- Execution of development and strategy
- Provide technical direction for the development, design and systems integration from definition phase through implementation
- Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our users
- Review the work of the development team
- Easily recognize system deficiencies and implement effective solutions
- Foster an environment of engineering excellence and innovation. Insist on designing to the edge
- Keep technical debt in check. Ensure teams are building using modern practices and approved tools & patterns. Recognize and act of your responsibility for driving change for the entire development community
- Work with functional specialists, understand business processes and translate functional specifications into technical requirements
- Work together with and lead other developers, business analysts and product owners to ensure that new or modified HANA, ETL, BI and UI applications are developed using industry standard best practice design and development practices
- Contribute to the development, delivery and maintenance of solutions based on the latest SAP technology
- Design and develop optimal code to maintain exceptional performance in processing large volumes of data across diverse sources
- Comply with and help to enforce standard and procedures
- Design and Build solutions using native HANA ecosystem and components
- Design, develop and test data models and ensure that data is correctly loaded into the system
- Design and develop scalable, reusable data models in SAP HANA in line with architectural standards and best practices
- HANA performance analysis and performance optimization
- Technical and Team Leadership
- Lead internal teams/task forces as needed
- Experience with large scale data integration projects, data platforms, data warehousing and / or Data Lakes
- Experience Developing SAP HANA XS/XSA applications based on the HANA 2.0 architecture
- Experience with SAP HANA Database development and technologies such as: HANA CDS, Calculation Views, Tables, synonyms, sequence, triggers, table functions and procedures using SQL/PL SQL scripts
- Experience in data transformation features such as: Preserving, Hierarchy Flattening, Match Transform, Data Cleansing Generator, Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, etc.
- Data provisioning in SAP HANA using various SAP HANA Techniques and External Tools
- SAP ETL Experience with Data Intelligence, BODS, SDI, SDQ, SAP Data Intelligence
- Good knowledge of SAP HANA transport management
- Knowledge of SAP HANA Advanced Modelling (SAP HANA Text, SAP HANA Graph, SAP HANA Spatial, SAP HANA PAL) a plus
- SAP Data Intelligence a Strong Plus
Work Experience & Education:
- 7+ years of SAP HANA experience, preferably Hana 2.0
- 7+ years of direct development and support experience with Data Integration Tools, preferably SAP Tools such as BODS, Data Intelligence, SDI, SDQ
- 3+ years of technical team leadership experience
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or IT related field or equivalent IT related experience
- Background in Financial Services Technology and Data Management a plus
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization of calculation views, stored procedures and ETL Code
- Cloud platform infrastructure and technology experience, preferably AWS or Azure
- Expertise with Data integration tools (including ETL and data replication tools)
- Data Warehousing and Data Lake experience
- Data Modelling concepts and tools
- Continuous Integration and source control
- Strong communication, presentation and documentation skills
- Agile development processes (SCRUM and Kanban)
- Experience with Jira a plus
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.About Us
London Stock Exchange Group (LSE.L) is a diversified international market infrastructure and capital markets business sitting at the heart of the world's financial community. The Group can trace its history back to 1698.
The Group operates a broad range of international equity, bond and derivatives markets, including London Stock Exchange; Borsa Italiana; MTS, Europe's leading fixed income market; and Turquoise, a pan-European equities MTF. It is also home to one of the world's leading growth markets for SMEs, AIM. Through its platforms, the Group offers international business and investors unrivalled access to Europe's capital markets.
Post trade and risk management services are a significant part of the Group's business operations. In addition to majority ownership of multi-asset global CCP operator, LCH Group, LSEG operates CC&G, the Italian clearing house; Monte Titoli, the T2S-ready European settlement business; and globeSettle, the Group's newly established CSD based in Luxembourg.
The Group is a global leader in indexing and analytic solutions. FTSE Russell offers thousands of indexes that measure and benchmark markets around the world. The Group also provides customers with an extensive range of real time and reference data products, including SEDOL, UnaVista, and RNS.
London Stock Exchange Group is a leading developer of high performance trading platforms and capital markets software for customers around the world. In addition to the Group's own markets, over 35 other organisations and exchanges use the Group's MillenniumIT trading, surveillance and post trade technology.
Headquartered in London, with significant operations in North America, Italy, France and Sri Lanka, the Group employs approximately 4,700 people.Values & Behaviours
Integrity: My word is my bond. Integrity underpins all that we do - from unshakable commitment to building and supporting global markets based on transparency and trust, to every transaction across our business with each and every stakeholder. We are a source of enduring confidence in the financial system, so when we say that our work is our bond - we mean it.
Partnership: We collaborate to succeed. We pride ourselves on working together as proactive partners, building positive relationships with our colleagues, customers, investors, regulators, governments and shareholders - for our mutual success and the benefit of all.
Innovation: We nurture new ideas. We are ambitious and forward-looking - a pioneering Group of market innovators, driven by fresh thinking that has kept us ahead of change. We prudently and proactively invest to make sure that out markets and services constantly moving forward, developing and evolving with advances in technology.
Excellence: We are committed to quality. We have a fundamental commitment to developing talented teams who deliver to the highest standards in all that we do. By collaborating together, we will sustain industry-leading levels of excellence, setting the benchmarks that inspire ever better performance.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.