This job is no longer active!
View all jobs GE Digital Grid active
View all jobs Services Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
GE Digital’s Romanian Engineering Operations business is the biggest Global Deliver Center in the General Electric Digital Grid footprint which allows us to bring a significant contribution to the Worldwide Electrical Energy context. Delivering on life-critical solutions we are deeply immersed into the worlds of Transmission, Distribution, Asset Management and Market Management making sure we shape how the energy landscape looks today and tomorrow.
Our teams breathe software-life into R&D, Services and Support for GE Digital’s products while liaising with stakeholders and customers all around the globe.
We are currently recruiting for several new Application Engineers to join our team!
You will provide enterprise level software development to our customers in electricity markets around the world. If you enjoy technical challenges, delivering thoughtful solutions, and learning every single day, you may be a good candidate to join our team. We are seeking an enquiring mind, who has the desire to learn new skills. You will have strong technical skills with a broad understanding of engineering fundamentals. You will have strong interpersonal communication skills and be able to work effectively within a geographically disperse team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the implementation of MES solutions utilizing the Software Suite. Own technical deliverables during the entire lifecycle of the projects. Engage throughout the full lifecycle of assigned projects, participating in decisions on architecture, design, and functionality to keep programs on track in terms of budget, time, and customer expectations. Work closely with the client to understand their needs and develop strategies tailored to their organization through site assessments. Also make standard recommendations on workflow, application, interface, reports, testing and uploads to customers through the implementation process. Is responsible for go-live readiness and support as well as post-live checkups and will be required to work collaboratively with internal team members and clients to ensure customer satisfaction
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires advanced experience in the Services & Digital Implementation Services. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in USA - Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Strong induction process (a dedicated 1-month ramp-up period).
- An open communication culture in a friendly environment and with supportive teammates
- Strong focus and real opportunities for Career Development (including LinkedIn Learning subscription and full access to GE’s learning knowledge base).
- Flexible working hours and a well-defined work-from-home policy.
- Annual, performance-based, salary review; Impact awards for outstanding performance.
- Increased number of vacation days, according to your work-experience, as well as Additional days off (such as March 8th, 3rd Easter day).
- Private Medical Insurance for you (can also be extended for family members).
- Vacation bonus with an annual payout.
- Fully customized development and training programs all throughout the year.
- Multiple subscriptions, discounts and vouchers available (such as Bookster subscription, Corporate discount to fitness services, Gift vouchers for Christmas and Easter holiday, Daily meal vouchers)
- Wellbeing program with multiple events focused on a healthy lifestyle, free apps to support your healthy habits and free employee assistance program, provided by specialized counselors.
- Benefits for children (special occasions gifts, vouchers and events).