Application Engineer EMEA
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs GE Digital Grid active
View all jobs Application Engineer EMEA active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
GE Digital’s Romanian Engineering Operations business is the biggest Global Deliver Center in the General Electric Digital Grid footprint which allows us to bring a significant contribution to the Worldwide Electrical Energy context. Delivering on life-critical solutions we are deeply immersed into the worlds of Transmission, Distribution, Asset Management and Market Management making sure we shape how the energy landscape looks today and tomorrow.
Our teams breathe software-life into R&D, Services and Support for GE Digital’s products while liaising with stakeholders and customers all around the globe.
We are currently recruiting for several new Application Engineers to join our team!
You will provide enterprise level software development to our customers in electricity markets around the world. If you enjoy technical challenges, delivering thoughtful solutions, and learning every single day, you may be a good candidate to join our team. We are seeking an enquiring mind, who has the desire to learn new skills. You will have strong technical skills with a broad understanding of engineering fundamentals. You will have strong interpersonal communication skills and be able to work effectively within a geographically disperse team.
Field of activity:
The activity takes place within the General Electric Digital division, the engineering office in Bucharest - Romanian Engineering Office (ROMEO).
The activity within this office consists of development and implementation of:
- Energy Management Systems (EMS)
- Distribution Management Systems (DMS)
- Market Management Systems (MMS)
- GIS systems.
Different specialized teams for distinct technical fields contribute to the realization of these systems. (hardware, communications, databases, HMI, applications).
One of the activities, carried out in the mentioned context, is engineering for specific monitoring and control of power systems applications (power flow, short-circuit calculation state estimator, contingency analysis, optimization in power systems, voltage control, load frequency control, power reserve management, load forecast, stability analysis, transient regimes, modeling of the equipment, of the automation and protection systems in power plants and of the power grids, energy market models). These activities are the scope of the "Application Engineering - AE" team.
Application Engineering team’s purpose:
- Development of the mathematical models of the physical phenomena in the power systems;
- Software development for real-time applications (code, testing);
- Carrying out the analysis to define the specifications for the real time monitoring and control systems;
- Commissioning of the EMS, DMS, MMS systems.
Our systems are implemented all around the world. In many cases applicationssystems are realized together with our colleagues from different countries.
- Definition of the technical specifications, for the EMS, DMS systems according to customer requirements.
- Analytics development of mathematical models for the operation, control and automation of power systems.
- Engineering and code development for the EMS, DMS systems that meets the high standards.
- Parameterization, optimization, testing of EMS, DMS systems.
- Databases management.
- Develop and provide trainings for specific computer systems.
- Performs commissioning activities.
- Good technical background is required. The development of professional skills is achieved, in time, by involvement in the team activities and by trainings.
- Knowledge of the power systems phenomena and processes and related mathematical models (power flow, state estimator, short-circuit analysis, contingency analyst, voltage control, load-frequency control, power systems optimal regimes, load forecast, stability analysis, transient analysis, modeling of equipment and of automation and protection systems in power plants and power grids, models for the energy market);
- Real-time systems;
- C / C ++ programmer skills or similar;
- Familiarity or development experience on Windows OS or UNIX OS;
- Experience in software testing;
- English (written and spoken) - advanced level;
- Availability for travel: 10-20% of the time.
Studies / Specialty:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Power Systems or Informatics in the Power Systems.
When you join GE, you can work on projects with real purpose and can have pride in the products we create and the customers we support. You will be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow. GE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to the continuous improvement and the wellbeing of its employee. We are offering fully customized development and training programs all throughout the year, on top of a LinkedIn Learning subscription and full access to GE’s learning base. Our wellbeing program will allow you to benefit from multiple events focused on a healthy lifestyle, free apps to support your healthy habits and free employee assistance program, provided by specialized counsellors.
Also, we are offering:
- Increased number of vacation days, according to your work-experience
- Annual, performance-based, salary review
- Bookster subscription