Quality Assurance Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs GE Digital Grid active
View all jobs Quality Assurance Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
GE. Incredible career diversity across disciplines worldwide.
We are the biggest Global Deliver Center in the General Electric Digital Grid footprint which allows us to bring a significant contribution to the Worldwide Electrical Energy context. Delivering on life-critical solutions we are deeply immersed into the worlds of Transmission, Distribution, Asset Management and Market Management making sure we shape how the energy landscape looks today and tomorrow. Our teams breathes software-life into R&D, Services and Support for GE Digital’s products while liaising with stakeholders and customers all around the globe.
Job Description – Quality Assurance Engineer
Electricity markets – critical IT systems – trading platform – near real-time applications.
If you enjoy challenging though problems, delivering thoughtful solutions and learning every single day, you may be a good candidate to join our team.
The projects are executed within an international environment involving software development and implementation held in multi-sites and multi-countries. Hence both technical skills and interpersonal (communication both in oral and written form, self-organization, reporting, autonomy, decision making, English) are of utmost importance.
- You will create Test Cases, validation Test Plans, Acceptance Test Plans and Testing Strategy;
- You will create and manage the testing documentation in Jira, Confluence or Qtest;
- You will prepare testing environments and instruments as well as software components, including final product ( build configuration, smoke tests and base analysis)
- You will perform functional and non-functional testing.
- You will create/execute the test plan and present the test results.
- You will execute regression tests and initiate corrective action if needed.
- You will collaborate with developers and business analysts as needed to resolved problems and identify root cause of product defects and report and track the issues in Jira
- You will provide feedback and recommendations on software usability and functionality.
- You will manage the test environments.
- You will continuously look for opportunities for self-training and share knowledge and abilities with entire team.
- Business travel availability.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience using different types of testing (Functional, Regression, Smoke, Sanity);
- Experience in functional, non-functional testing.
- Experience with bug tracking and reporting systems (example: Jira);
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and provide solutions.
- Problem solving and analytical skills, capable to openly present her/his own ideas.
- Knowledge of different operating systems: Windows/Linux/Unix systems
- Basic experience in working with relational databases as SQL, PL/SQL
- Experience with different work methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
- Experience testing UI/WEB UI
- Fluent in English, in verbal and written communication.
Nice to have:
- Experience in automatic testing (Selenium, HP Quick Test Professional, or other applications)
- Java technology background, ability/familiarity to code at least in Core Java
- Ability to write scripts (one of bash/ksh, python or groovy)
- Experience using CI tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.)
Some of the Benefits we are offering:
- Strong induction process (a dedicated 1-month ramp-up period).
- An open communication culture in a friendly environment and with supportive teammates
- Strong focus and real opportunities for Career Development (including LinkedIn Learning subscription and full access to GE’s learning knowledge base).
- Flexible working hours and a well-defined work-from-home policy.
- Annual, performance-based, salary review; Impact awards for outstanding performance.
- Increased number of vacation days, according to your work-experience, as well as Additional days off (such as March 8th, 3rd Easter day).
- Private Medical Insurance for you (can also be extended for family members).
- Vacation bonus with an annual payout.
- Fully customized development and training programs all throughout the year.
- Multiple subscriptions, discounts and vouchers available (such as Bookster subscription, Corporate discount to fitness services, Gift vouchers for Christmas and Easter holiday, Daily meal vouchers)
- Wellbeing program with multiple events focused on a healthy lifestyle, free apps to support your healthy habits and free employee assistance program, provided by specialized counselors.
- Benefits for children (special occasions gifts, vouchers and events).
When we will be back to the office:
- You will work in one of the best locations in town: Aviatorilor 8 office building, in Victoriei Square (in the middle of Central Business District).
- Office with an excellent connectivity to public transportation.
- Free underground parking space for employees.
- Fruits days at the office.
- Unlimited supply of great coffee & tea amenities.
- Christmas party (because you party hard when you work hard).
- Attractive financial compensations for roles involving external travels and on-site missions.
NOTE: for this role we have several positions open!
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world´s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles... people like you.