Siemens SRL - Research Scientist - Embedded Security Testing
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Siemens Romania active
View all jobs Siemens SRL - Research Scientist - Embedded Security Testing active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We are a technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transport, and healthcare. From more resource-efficient factories, resilient supply chains, and smarter buildings and grids, to cleaner and more comfortable transportation as well as advanced healthcare, we create technology with purpose adding real value for customers. By combining the real and the digital worlds, we empower our customers to transform their industries and markets, helping them to transform the everyday for billions of people.
Siemens in Romania - Technology to Transform the Everyday
- 8 cities: Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Brașov, Sibiu, Galați, Buziaș
- 2,300 employees
- 5 Research and Development centres
- 4 factories
Siemens contribution to society:
- 300,000 € Investments in equipment for universities
- 1,600 internship students
- 100,000 m² more efficient offices through Siemens intelligent management solutions
- 1,000,000 residents benefit from drinking water through Siemens automation and monitoring solutions
- 7 cities equipped with Siemens automation systems for wastewater treatment
Our four strategic priorities:
1. Customer impact - We anticipate what our customers need before they even know they need it.
2. Technology with purpose - Innovative technology has been at the core of Siemens for more than 170 years and it will remain at the core of the future we're building.
3. Empowered people - Driving progress by empowering our customers, partners and employees.
4. Growth mindset - Rather than make yesterday last, we are committed to building tomorrow by learning and being open to change.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
You have optimally completed masters or PhD degree in cyber security, computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent in related fields.
You have a proven understanding of state-of the-art cyber security concepts and expertise in penetration testing, embedded hacking, and binary analysis
You are familiar with security adaptability and supply-chain security challenges
Experience in software programming (e.g., C, Python…) and knowledge in Linux OS and industrial communication protocols are a plus
In addition, you have professional experience in applied research and in the transfer of R&D results into prototypes and customer offers
You distinguish yourself by an innovative attitude, willingness to address new topics, very good interpersonal skills, strong customer orientation, with a high degree of personal initiative and a team-player attitude
Your English and preferably German language skills are business ﬂuent.
The role that you will play:
In your new role as a research scientist in embedded security testing you perform security assessments of Siemens embedded / industrial IoT products and bring your offensive perspective into the design of such systems
You handle small projects and funded research activities and participate to the development of new technologies and methods in the fields of embedded security and embedded hacking
You apply R&D results in projects with Siemens business units, such as security assessments / penetration tests
You actively share your know-how within our team and supervise interns and working students
Make your mark in our exciting world as Siemens!
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more results-oriented and better prepared to respond efficient to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: siemens.ro/cariere.